ranjitha-hegde1
I have total 5.3 yrs of experience in an IT firm, working in INDIA with Experience in one company for 3.5 yrs and in the current company I have almost 2 yrs of experience. I have received offers from a reputed MNC and I am planning to put papers.
However, I was just checking for my previous documents and I realized I do not have the Experience letter from my previous organization. I have other supporting documents like For 16, Payslip, offer letter, and Relieving letter that only mentions the last day at the company

Question 1) Is it mandatory to provide an experience letter for background verification
Question 2) since I don't have an experience letter can I just submit a relieving letter that mentions my EID and date of exit.

From India, Bengaluru
mayank-lad

Hi,

In My Opinion:

1. No, it is not Mandatory to provide Experience letter for background Verification.
2. Yes submitting relevant documents to shouw your work duration will suffice.

Regards,

Mayank Lad

Dinesh Divekar

Dear Ranjitha,

Replies to your questions are as below:

Question 1) Is it mandatory to provide an experience letter for background verification

Reply: - This reply is for general information only. it does not purport your query as such. The background verification is based on the experience letter or any other letter in lieu of it. If a person does not have an experience certificate, then it could imply that he/she might have abandoned the employment. Hence the precautionary measures by the companies. Secondly, the companies obtain the experience certificate(s) from the job candidates to verify the genuineness of the employment. Otherwise, every other person will start fabricating the experience letter on their own.

Question 2) since I don't have an experience letter can I just submit a relieving letter that mentions my EID and date of exit.

Reply: - In what way the "Relieving Letter" and "Experience Letter" are different is not understood. The letter issued by the company should mention Employee No, Date of Joining, Date of Exit and Designation(s) held during the employment. Additionally, a few companies also mention that no dues were outstanding when the employee left their company. Check your certificate and, by chance, if there are deficiencies, then approach your ex-company for adding those details.

Thanks,

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
consultme

The recruiter may ask to provide several documents including an experience letter. However more important documents for BGV are the Appointment letter, Relieving letter, Form 16 of your last worked companies (it could be two or three or all. depends on the norm of the organization), etc. Observed that a few firms issue one letter together for experience and relieving and they call it as relieving letter.
From India, Bangalore
PRABHAT RANJAN MOHANTY

You make it clear in your application that some documents of your first service has lost but have relieving letter that mentions your EID and date of exit. Leave the matter to the consideration of new employer, it is good if they call you. It would be good for you by doing so because your new employer would not get a chance to play over of past service proof.
From India, Mumbai
wilson-rosie
Whether it's mandatory to provide an experience letter for background verification can vary depending on the company and their specific policies. It's best to check with the HR department of the new company or the agency handling the background verification to understand their requirements.
If you don't have an experience letter, submitting the relieving letter that mentions your Employee ID and date of exit could be a good alternative. However, it's advisable to communicate this to the new company or the agency handling the verification process and seek their guidance on the matter.

From United States, Dallas
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.