No Tags Found!

Jasleenkathuria216@gmail.com
Please guide how to write mail to new company for not disclosing in my previous company that i will join them . Because in offer letter they mentioned that they will call in my previous company for verification. But if i send them mail to not disclosing then they will not disclose. so please guide how to write mail.
From India, Delhi
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Jasleen,
When an employee joins the company, it is customary for them to approach employee's previous company or companies to obtain feedback about him/her. This is called as Background Verification. Now you wish to refrain the new company from approaching the previous company. But then why? Why you don't want that your company should not follow background verification process?
Writing mail to HR is one thing but that mail also should have credible reason. Therefore, on what grounds you wish to write the mail? Pleas explain.
Thanks,
Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Anonymous
Dinesh sir,
My bonding with previous company is like a family but i want to change due to timing issues, so i took new opportunity & now my previous company don't want that i change my job so i mentioned personal reason in my resignation.

From India, Delhi
Also i talked to HR in new company, she told me to drop a mail regarding this we call in your previous company not disclose that you joined here. so please guide how to write this mail.
From India, Delhi
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Jasleen,
The purpose of Background Verification is to verify the veracity of the claims made in the job application. For this, companies verify academic certificates as well as at least last two jobs that applicant did. Therefore, they will not verify the reasons for the exit. Majorly their concern is to check whether the separation from the company had any negative connotation. Therefore, whatever may be the reason, I do not think that it will have bearing on the background verification.
Thanks,
Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
sachin.bms4

hi,
If in offer letter they have mentioned that they will call in your previous company for verification.so there is no issue as you have left the job and so you can say afterwards that your personal reason or problem is solved and i got good opportunity so i have joined as simple as that and see it is better to say truth rather than hiding and more importantly if you leave a company after that previous company has no right to say anything to you so don't worry let them contact previous employer for background verification.
you just mail them now to show that you are working in this company as of now mentioning that you have asked me to write a mail so i am writing this mail to let you know that currently i am working in this company as (designation).
Regards,
Sachin Kadam
one single truth is always better than thousand lies...........

From India, Pune
nathrao

Telling your current employer not to check with previous employer about your employment will make the whole matter look very suspicious.
People leave jobs and no company can really stop it.
If you have left your previous company on good terms,it does not matter to them whether you join some other company or not.
It is advisable to let your BGV be done properly.

From India, Pune
Thank you all for guiding me...
From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.