No Tags Found!

pioscae
what will i do when one of my staff getting into mistake bahavior. will i reprimand someone? which one of my co worker have told me that the HR should be the one to make the memorandum, what should i do ? thanks more power
From Saudi Arabia, Riyadh
Dinesh Divekar

Dear friend,

When you ask a query in general forum, basic courtesy demand disclosure of your name, designation, what type of your company is etc. You want seniors to give solution but don't want to tell anything about yourself!

About your query now. I recommend you following principles of "progressive discipline". First call employee to HR department, understand why that employee committed that mistake then offer him/her advice. Maintain records of what is transpired in this meeting.

If employee still commits the same mistake you have option of counselling by some senior authority. Again maintain the proper records.

If employee still commits the same mistake then issue him warning letter, quoting past instances of counselling. Let this warning letter be signed by someone in higher position like GM, VP, Director etc.

If employee remains refractory, then issue him/her show cause notice quoting details of the fresh mistakes and past correspondence with him/her.

If employee still does not improve, then conduct the enquiry. Give him chance to explain his position and then take the disciplinary action.

What I have quoted is only the process of progressive discipline. Going beyond this process, you need to find out whether the person is suitable or unsuitable for perform the task given, support that he/she gets from his/her manager, availability of adequate tools, material etc. I recommend not jumping guns.

At the same time tell the manager of employee to invest some of his/her time in workplace coaching.

Ok...

Dinesh V Divekar

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance.

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.