No Tags Found!

shbawadiya@gmail.com

Dear Senior,
I am working in IT software company in HR department, in my company normally employees comes late and sit late for work and at the time of salary they start arguing regarding HAlf day deduction and late Mark not to be deduct because they are sitting late ,
like we consider HD at 11:30 onwards and leaving time is 6:30pm
they comes normally after 12 to 1 pm and sit late till 7-8pm that doesn't make any sense to for not deducting half day.
for solving this we are planning to extent the working hour from 48 to 54 hrs for a week is this right please suggest .so that we can not consider half day or late mark ..
i think 54 hrs is not legal under labour law.
But we are compensating in half day and late marks is this right please help.
waiting for reply

From India, Pune
agnyeya

Dear Mr/Ms Bawadia,

48 hours is the legal limit per week, extensible by 2 hrs per day/12 hrs per week for overtime, but am open to correction on this.

My understanding

of your policy is this :
If employee comes before 11.30 am and is in office till 6.30 pm it is considered a full day and an individual is supposed to work 48 hours a week.

of your problem is this :
employees come in at 12 noon / 1 pm and work till 7 / 8 pm and then expect to be compensated for the whole day.

If it is so,

Simply removing the flexibility of coming in at 11.30 and fixing the time to probably around 9.15 am should do the job.
Other rules can be thought about to manage this, but the efficiency and effectiveness of complex rules is based on how many employees you have, how automated your processes are..

Also, hopefully your management is not using this as a ploy to have employees work extra. Generally that is a recipe for disaster. Productivity does not go up, but managers love to show their team spending extra time at work.

From India, Mumbai
garimellashrinivas
Hi
I think you should conduct regular sessions on work life balance and the impact if it is not followed. May you could educate them by citing examples of senior and successful manager who have managed this discipline. While i suggest that these sessions has to be continious as the output expected would not be right the first time.
regards

From India, Hyderabad
shbawadiya@gmail.com

Thanks for reply .............. we had already done session also and every employee is aware of policies and procedure. ok i will discuss with management and let see what happens.
From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.