No Tags Found!

skaashyap
Hi Shankar,
Its nice tht u help tht girl but u cant predict the future....and why u r giving spoon feedg to tht girl....She is not confident/bold enough to fight for herself else also girls want to be equalant to boys....Dont need to support her let her gain this new experience herself only the thg u need to do is just boost her to fight for herself or else resign from that post and join some were else.
Regard,
Shashank

From India, Ghaziabad
neha22111986@yahoo.co.in

Hi Shankar,
I would suggest that u shud be calm first and dont take any action in a flurry of emotions. Uhave urself quoted that ur HR head said that "cannot do anything against that management person abruptly. " but that doesnt mean she will not do.
place urself in head's position u also cannot go ahead n shout at the person without any evidence.
Let that female go n talk to hr head again n ask for feedback.also ask that female employee to try n get other female employees to sign the same copy of complaint so that she has enough evidence that even others have been humitated. N then ask Head to commit some time in which enquiry n action would be taken n feedback will be shared with them.
If then too nothing happens then go ahead to MD/ Chairperson/ Director to file a complaint of both- the employee who harasses and HR Head who is USELESS...

From India, Chandigarh
claxmanhr

Dear shankar
Harassment of female employees by Top Management needs to be handled firmly no soft corners please as it will cruel effect in future.
first thing you can collect all Evidences with proof, againest top mangement person.Then you can discusse your director and put him in front of all evidence. when he(Director) will realise he will not support this kind of things.
Even Recently Suprim Court have given guidelines on Harrassment of female employees advises forming a committee to prevent this. or you can refer Harrassment act Section claus (21) detail have give
Regards
Laxman
Executive-HR

From India, Pune
iinfrasolservices

@Shankar

FIRST OF ALL TELL THE FORUM WHAT IS THE HARRASSMENT ABOUT. ALL MEMBERS OF THIS POST THINK HARRASSMENT TO BE SEXUAL HARRASSMENT ONLY. BE CLEAR WHAT DOES THE FEMALE EMPLOYEE AND YOU MEANT BY THE TERM 'HARASSSMENT' BCOZ MEMBERS WILL RESPOND ACCORDING TO THE FIRST THOUGHT THAT RUNS THROUGH THEIR MINDS WITHOUT EVEN ANALYSING WHAT THE QUESTION IS ABOUT.

@ALL MEMBERS OF THIS POST

I THINK BY NOW EVERY DOG, CAT AND MOUSE IN THE COUNTRY KNOWS THE LABOUR LAWS, WOMENS COMMISSION AND ALL OTHER OFFICIAL COMPLAINT CENTERS INCLUDING OUR VERY LOYAL POLICE FORCE. AND MR SHANKAR BEING AN HR HIMSELF WOULD HAVE GIVEN THE WOMEN ALL THESE OPTIONS. MR SHANKAR IS HIMSELF NOT CLEAR WHAT IS THE ISSUE OF HARRASSMENT ...IS IT WORK, SEXUAL, ATTENDANCE, PERFORMANCE, ATTITUDE, DELEGATION, TEAM WORK...WHAT IS IT? ONLY THEN THE MEMBERS SHOULD RESPOND. AS REGARDING SEXUAL HARASSMENT I THINK EVERY EMPLOYEE CAN APPROACH THE CONCERNED AUTHORITIES IN ONE WAY OR THE OTHER. MOREOVER IF IT IS SEXUAL THEN THERE ARE THOUSANDS OF SUCH POST IN CITEHR ITSELF WHICH MR SHANKAR SHOULD HAVE SEARCHED BEFORE POSTING SUCH A QUERY FOR 1001TH TIME

ISSUE, REACTION, RESPONSE AND RESOLUTION SHOULD BE IN ORDER ELSE IT SMELLS FISHY!!!!!.......................RGRDS

From India, Mumbai
sriramchaturvedula
First , Mr.Shankar should collect the primary information comprehensively from the woman affected, regarding the issue.
As the matter of fact, the HR should not neglect either of the two parties viz., management and employees. Hence, after gather primary information,it is suggestible to report to MD/CEO or any other executive who is not the pal of the so called top management person.Then discuss with him/them the various possible alternatives like NWC, filing police case etc that wouldn't hamper the company Brand name and reputation. So, the first step always(related to these cases) is to collect the primary information in detail only then, report to the competent authority who shall do the needful. At the same time, motivate the employee who got affected, as there is an every possibility that her performance may get affected!

From India, Tiruchchirappalli
Shahbazz
Hi all,
I have recently completed my final year project of MBA on same topic. I believe that you do not need to go emotional, i strongly agree with all who suggested you to get strong evidence, then go to your top management confidentially as it seems there in no policy of Sexual Harassment is under regulation in your firm therefore HR manager is also unable to do anything. "Any thing is legal untill its proven to be illegal"
you are initiating for a new step which can lead towards implementation of SH policy but for t at his you need to go very careful and active simultaneously, as the consequences will be for you as well..
All the best!
Shazz

From Pakistan, Karachi
dileepcnr@gmail.com
Hi
As per the sexual harassment prevention act at Indian workplaces(Section 10) every organisation is mandated to have a panel that should look in to all allegations of sexual harassment regardless of whether the allegations are true or false.
In this case; prima facie the management seems to have committed a serious violation of all the preceding supreme court stipulates.
Following should be the course of action.
  1. Build evidence (eye witnesses, earlier instances and statements from agrieved parties)
  2. Let the lady approach NCW (National Commission for Women). she will get all relevent information from their web site. It is even possible to register a complaint through their web site. The fact that HR Dept had not taken any action on the complaint has to be highlighted.
  3. DO NOT directly go to the police.
Zero tolerance should be the response to such issues.

From India
donjohnson

This sounds like a pecedant setting case in the US if it is sexual harassment Case Study is Burlington v. Ellerth. Other employees were witnesses so able to prove hostile work environment. Also, company has to act swiftly to avoid trouble as managers act on behalf of company.
Many other cases similar such as Wal-Mart and Burger King who each settled for $315,000 and $400,000 respectively. They did not have policy or failed to train and enforce policy. Don't know if this helps as this is in US.
get documentation...evidence is crucial. If this has happened with many women it will continue unless something is done. One or few people quitting will not solve problem. If it continues and there is proof company was aware there will be liability.
Good luck

From United States, Gardnerville
rajver_1111
I am really sorry since reading the passage. But I would like to say that, someone may not make suddenly this type of phenomena, there is something wrong with her, I am not agree that the any lady can’t guess that other person which have opposite sex and what is preparing in other mind, if its happen, then a biggest mistake of girl, who ignore it and came to this point. If a girl be very strict, nobody can touch, threatening or abuse, it is a blind-truth that when a gents looking to lady just feel abusiveness and his body language is also shows, and lady also well known about this happening, but ignorance encouraged it.
Now, in my suggestion, put the problem against management and fight properly if their salutation is satisfactory you can take legal action against him.

From India, Calcutta
rambabu.sala

Dear all, You should check she is having a proof, with out proof you couldn’t take any step because you are working in organization. She is having a proof better go for labor Cort
From India, Visakhapatnam
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.