No Tags Found!

DEB KANTI MOITRA

While dealing with Probationers and probation, please keep in mind the following:
1. A probationer deemed to be in probation till he has been confirmed in writing and can be terminated at any point of time.
2. While terminating a probationer, please send a one line letter " That your services are no longer required by the Company and as such you are terminated w.e.f....... . Please dont put any remarks like " Since you have not performed well" or "your performance is not up to the mark" comments in the termination order otherwise you will have to prove the same before terminating.
3. There is no question of any notice pay etc. untill and unless specifically provided in the appointment letter.
4. The probation period may be curtailed or extended as per discretion of the management based on performance.

From India, Calcutta
gotoanish
hi all,
i think pobation period is only the period when the emploeer has full rights to terminate an employee with sufficient appraisal and shouldnt be a problem at all. However, if an emplyee is neither terminated not her/his probation is extended then, it cannot be assumed that s/he was confirmed. Hence a written letter of probation extension has to be issued for the time gap and then employee can be terminated for blelow par performance.
Regards,
Blissful
HR

From Nepal, Kathmandu
jc_castro
Hi Everyone,
I am JC from the Philippines. Does anyone of you have a sample termination letter for employees who were not able to pass their probationary period?
We have an employee who failed her 1st Performance Appraisal and her immediate head advised me that we should no longer wait for the 2nd Performance Appraisal which is after 3 months.
Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.
Ms. JC
HR Associate

From Philippines, Pasay City
dineshkumarji.dks

Dear Seniors.
I have a query please answer"
An employee at the time of his joining got the appointment letter, In which there is a clause:
"You will be on probation for a period of SIX months from the date of your joining.......Management reserves its right to extend the period of your probation for a further period of Six Month.....unless confimred in writing the person continues to be in probation"
The said employee not given any letter confirmation letter after 6 month nor did he get any letter for his extended probation period.
The employee has completed his 240 days, now my question is when it is mentioned in the appointment letter "unless confimred in writing the person continues to be in probation" the employee will be considered as an probaionary or can be terminated without assigning any reason or the employee can raise a industrial dispute and can demand retrenchment compensation under id act as he has completed his 240 days. Please suggest.

From India, New Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.