No Tags Found!

sandhya329
Yes, I am working in an IT company and my company also has the same policy. If we take leave for Saturday and Monday than 3 days salary has deducted...
From India, Dehra Dun
raviatreya

Dear Members,
I agree with Mr. Jeevarathnam.
I have worked for a SSI unit. The Leave Policy has been decided mutually with the Staff & Labourers to have a cordial relationship.
In our Co, we have the policy of 1 PL for every 12 working days and once a particular employee completed 240 days in a year, we used to calculcate the balance working days( those who have attennded work beyond 240 days) for leave 1 PL for 10 working days.
Regards
Ravi

From India, Mumbai
Mehrunisa Basima

In any of the Labour laws there is no such rule or regulation about the same. It will depence upon the rules and regulation of each company.
From India, Kochi
akatrap

Dear All,
There is no provision, which interprete as when an employee taken consecutive leaves, including Sunday or Weekly off has to be considered as paid leave.
If you know then please let us know with section of the particular law.
Regards,
Avinash K.

From India, Mumbai
MahalakshmiShankaraNarayanan

There is no rule or Act, to be considered as sunday as leave when saturday and monday is taking leave by the Employees... Its upto the Company Policy... I think so its happening in some of the concerns only... But for festivals you cant consider like that.. Its definitely paid holidays even if they are taking leave before and after the festivals.....
From India, Chennai
puspa1370@gmail.com

Respected All,
Can anybody please help me out to get the clarity as written below;
1. What is the Higherchycal stracture for HR & Admin dept too from trainee to top level?
2. What is the % of increment if an employee joining in a new company & what will the case while performance review new employee?
3. How many leave can be allowed to an employee per year (both payroll & off roll employee)?
Awaiting for reply.

From India, Bangalore
loginmiracle

Dear Puspa1370

These, your topics have been posted many a time in citeHr and before placing your query U should search thro' earlier posts whether discussed or not. This check will help U to get your clarifications quickly/ready made instead of waiting for others to reply afresh once again.

1) Use this: linkhttps://www.citehr.com/439767-sap-hr...structure.html

2) This was also discussed earlier, however there is no hard and fast rule as to the minimum %age of increment to be given to employees. However generally the %age of increment could be what is followed in such line of business and such of sister concerns. It will also depend on the basic structure of salary for e.g. there are some firms follow CTC pattern some firm increment on basic pay, some on overall %age of gross salary etc. Some firms grant just like that lump sum increment for exceptionally performing employees some times 20 to 30% jump also seen. For some under performers there wouldn't be any increment at all or withheld/deferred. A fair rate could be 10 to 15% p.a. on Basic pay is reasonable.

3) The leave matter was also discussed recently. However use the attached article to know it better.

kumar.s.

From India, Bangalore
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: doc Leave Policy for different sectors in India.doc (84.5 KB, 973 views)

jeevarathnam

Hi Pushpa Everything changes form company to company. For increments there is no any standard %. It all depends on the performance. Please draft the policies for those to avoid confusions in future
From India, Bangalore
mani_pooja

Hi,
Just to add my view,I think Sunday should be considered as a holiday itself irrespective of prefix or suffix because anyways company or organizations don't work on that day..so there is no point of making it as leave either paid or unpaid.
Also when the employee who don't take leave get this benefit then why its on the head of employee who takes leaves for any reason it can be.
I am not considering any policy or labour law but just common sense.

pkjain62

Dear friends,

The question raised by the Hr@centuywell is a very important question and to the best of my knowledge there is no law which deals with the problem broadly.

The all posts posted in this thread have different views which do not lead to a commonly acceptable solution of the problem in hand. Some fellow wants to know the legal solution while some advised practical approach and practices involves in various establishments.

Generally there are two enactments which described some aspect about the leave matters one is The Factories Act, 1948 other is Shop and Commercial Act. The later Act is State Act and as such the provisions of this Act differ State to State but generally can be said simultaneous in nature, I am not going to details thereof for the sake of briefty. One more important thing is to be noted that any establishment either must be registered with the Factories Act or Shop and Commercial Act irrespective of the fact that whether it is ran by a Company, Firm or Individual. As such for the point of view of legal solutions we have to consider the provisions of these two Acts only.

So far the provisions of Factories Acts are concerned the Section 79 is important in respect of the problem in hand. The Explanation 2 of the section 79 is read as under-

“The leave admissible under this sub-subsection shall be exclusive of all holidays whether occurring during or at either end of the period of leave.”

Here the word “holiday” has not been described whether it is weekly holiday or festival holiday.

The intention of the legislator is very clear here the any holiday in between the period of the leave or at the end of the leave will be exclusive of the leave and cannot be counted for.

The provisions of the Shop and Commercial Act do not give any idea about it to the best of my knowledge.

From the above a clear inference can be drawn the do not permit inclusion of any holiday fall in between the leave or at the end of the leave granted in respective of the fact whether it is a weekly holiday or festival holiday. However it can be said when there is no leave in the credit of a workman or he/she is on unauthorized leave inclusion of the holiday is permitted.

For the non workmen employees, on whom the provisions of the Act do not apply it, will be covered by individual leave policy of the concerned establishment.

Since there is a flaw in the wording of the Act it is being interpreted invariably. But the intention of the legislator is quite clear.

Now it is up to you, your company to decide what is to be adopted in your leave policy. But in my opinion if the employee concerned is on authorized leave on Saturday and Monday and has credit in his/her leave account Sunday (Holiday) should not be counted.

I would request all the viewers if they agree with my point on view should validate it by clicking the validate button to so that it would help me and many others to form the leave policy in future.

PKJain

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.