shilpanarula
Hi Shweta
My personal suggestions to you, as if I am working in a brand organisation, I am also not comfortable enough,no person is happy / Satisfied in this world..whatever they get in life...............things to be taken in mind and then further proceed with the same..................take some initatives and den go ahead...........u will really enjoy ur work.............how one feels while working wid a brand rganisation n after dat working wid a organisation who doesn't have name n fame....i really understand this.(as it happned wid me also).......but never minds......my sugesstions wud be that.... start looking for a change and then only switch over as you know abt the market conditions...............(v r d ppl who runs after money...............applies 2 all)
Thanks
Shilpa

nipuna

its totally not a good time to change the job.
you have to wait some more time to have a change.
other than that try to do /implement some good things og Hr in your present organization.
try to conveince the management that all the things are necessary.
but remember that don't try to impress the management in monetory terms like invest on external trainings and all as this is a high recession time.

From India, Delhi
SASHMITA

Dear Shweta,

I have been under similar circumstances a year before, where nothing was organised. Organising is a big task, which cannot be accomplised within 0.6 - 1 years time.
Plz prepare your KRA/ task sheet for 2 or 4 quarter and than try doining it:
Though I am completing 1 year but there lot of things to be done:

To guide you better, I'll share what I have done:

Prioritise the task, in 1st qtr I had to do lot of recruitment/ Joinings/ compensation negotiation.
Introducing basic and imp. policies like:
compensation
Travel - Local; Out station & International
Telephone policy
Loan & Advance
Service Conditions and many more.....
Mediclaim/ GPA
PF & ESI Registration & Implementation
Personnel Management (coding & organising)

2nd Qtr:

HR - MIS - CTC REPORT/ MANPOWER REPORT/ ATTRITION REPORT.....
Organisational char
Appraisal System
HR Audits..

I am still in a process of streamlining things out here..........

Introduce important polices gradually and see the result....

Its goining to help you.All the best.

Plz feel free to revert for any query.

Regards,

Sashmita

From India, Delhi
sweta prabhash ranjan

Thank you Sashmita for your response. I had joined this organisation in June, 2008. Since then I am engaged in recruitment. Just have a look at the work i have done in the 2st quarter:
1st QR.
1)Recruitment(Identifying different sources of recruitment channels, sourcing of senior profiles)
2)Opening of corporate salary account
3)Provision of travel reimbursement
4)Different welfare activities(Farewell party, birthdays party, etc)
Could you explain the task sheet to be done in the 2nd quarter. I would also like to tell you that my MD is reluctant to change. Employee get salary by 11th of every month. I tried to convince him that employees should get their salary by first week of every month, but he rejected my proposal. Under this situation what other changes can be made that can help the organisation as well as the employees.
Sweta

From India, Calcutta
sweta prabhash ranjan

Thanx Shilpa, You are true. Nobody is happy with whatever they have. I will wait till the market situation is stabilised and then only switch over. Sweta
From India, Calcutta
valbooj

hi swetha, change yourself now, dont be in a fool’s zone. get out of it and move to search for the cheese. you have to take the initiative to introduce new policies in your organisation.
From India, Hyderabad
sujata_prasant
There were days when we couuld be demanding and then there are days when others are demanding so let the time go by and no job is too little it takes a big heart to do a gr8 job so good luck and go ahead
From India, Nagpur
shivaanita
HI Sweta,
I am shiva from delhi. I have 15 years exp. in admin/hr and other function. currently I am working in a german based firm as a office manager. Here I am looking accounts,finance, hr,admin,purchase & business development activities and secretarial assistance to my director. Now a days comapanies need multi-task persons. In my previous organization my designation is office administrator. At that time they don't have any company policy. with in a very short period (six months) I introduced payroll , hr policy, secuirty access cum attendance,farewell parties, once in a year tour with family members and many new things.
You are a manager, you please make policies, implement the same.
best of luck,
shiva

From India, Pune
ahmedsaeed

dear Sweta
I have experienced the same, but put up despite all odds. Try to bring small changes as other folks have rightly put. Take main HR functions one by one and try to implement them.
BR/Ahmed Saeed

Alok Sharma
Hi Sweta ,
Being a HR that is your responsibility u should make some policy which will help u to make the things better,
U r a Manager HR There always keep in ur mind "HR is the getting things done by others with systematic"
If u need some suggestion in future u can contact at my

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.