anantha.murugan

I agree with Meena, once the we understand the problem and it is wrong then we have to take some hard decision
From India, Mumbai
rohan.bhatt
Hi Radhika,

There are many things that come up like this in the Hr person's any day at work... This is the case with your performing irregular citizen... Simple thing.. U are not gonna pay him for the days he does not come (Are You??) Why do you need to worry then.. One thing abt talking can and should be done, second there should be some kinda lateral pressure for him to become disciplined (Like giving a promotion or a raise to the immediate next good performer and make him feel like one heck of a loser), stop giving him the benefits of the normal employees who are regular. And to all the guys who are trying to fill up your ears against dat guy.. remember, they want him to get sacked coz they want his place. HR works on caveman concepts and jungle strategies (Homosapiens have got almost 70% similar DNA to Apes).

Just dont think too much. It causes stress.. Think of practical ways to solve such problems. It is not an issue at all.. Try and temme what happened..

Regards,

Rohan B
SQuare Consulting and Management Services
Surat, GJ

From India, Pune
shikhanagar
Hi Radhika:
If an employee is performing well but having some disciplinary issues it should be handled with utmost care, I would suggest you see his previous records, whether he has a habit of doing it or it is just these days he is doing so, and if it is so should take some disciplinary actions against him; otherwise, would have to find out what are the problems which are making him to do this.
I think this will help you.
Thanks and Regards,
Shikha Dave

From India, Mumbai
Punya99
This is a very simple issue as far as I see. You must get your company priorities right. What is more important..?? Company or this undisciplined individual & his good performance..??
As far as I see, the company is more important than any individual and no one is indispensable..!!! “Because of your company, you have a job” and not "that the company exist because of you"...people will come & go but the company will go on as long as the owners will run it well.
Therefore, he must fall in line with the company rules (option 01) or he must leave the company (option 02) before he becomes a bad influence on the others.
You must get a suitably a good replacement with correct attitude and train him with the skills required and you are sure to have a better person than this undisciplined fellow.
This is the job of HRD...!!!

From Sri Lanka, Panadura
singhsingh008
Dear Radhika,
first of all talk to him to know the real picture behind his unproffessional behaviour.if you find any solve it and if you couldn't find any then give him a last warning and even if he continue this absentism then take a hard decission to maintain descipline in your organisation.

From Norway
majumderak
I think that employee wants to get privileged by showing his performance. So he repeats .... Management should treat him like other and take disciplinary & penalizing acion against him.
Thank & Regards,
Arup Majumder

From India, Calcutta
nashbramhall

I wonder whether respondents read all the posts in this thread before responding!!
Radhika, who started this thread, has not commented on the responses so far.
Mr. Sastry raised valid questions and I was hoping that Radhika would come up with some answers. May be she does not know, as this is a fictious case given to a student or a question raised in an interview.
Suppose that on investigation you find that the concerned employee is the only supporter for a very sick mother, father, wife, etc and the person needs him/her at short notice. The problem is such that the employee does not want to publicise it. Would your responses be the same?
Have a nice day
Simhan

From United Kingdom
n4nidhi
This is surely a difficult situation. We all see such cases with varying degrees of indiscipline shown by some of the performing employees. But One thing we always need to keep in mind is NO ONE is above system. I think two more warnings can be given or the employee can be called for a personal discussion. If the same behaviour persists, some action like 'marking one day absent' etc. may be taken followed by more serious action on further continuance of the same behavior.
From India, Karnal
zohranl
Hi,
I wont agree with the termination part, we can assign him a buddy or a friend who will speak to him on regular basis & will be in touch with him, as an when few day passes he will be able to share why he is taking this kind of leaves.
And once the why is know we can actually plan out for a suitable solution.
Regards,
Zohra Lakhani

prasad_raj325

Radhika,
See his background and career objective etc. And follow carrots & sticks approach.Carrots are like 100% attendance bonus and sticks are like lop, reduction in increments and delaying promotion etc the prblem will be solved. And expain him how it damages orgn climate and his career. The termination should be final option.
Regards,
Rajendra Prasad

From India, Warangal
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.