Amitmhrm

Mr. Mallik is very much right. After completion of 5 years of continuous service, one becomes eligible for the Gratuity.
Organisation needs to complete the provision only after 3 years of start of organisation, which is even required legally.

From India, Ahmadabad
R G NAGENDRA

Hi Eligibility criteria is Minimum 5 years of service which is clearly mentioned in the gratuity Act. But however in an employee dies while in service this clause will not be applicable.
From India, Mumbai
maloychatterjee
I have a question reg gratuity act. A is a company established 4 years back (manpower 300). under 'A", 'B" is a manpower contractor working /estab 3 years back (total employee 150 nos i.e. under gratuity act).
Under B company, Ram is an employee who is working last 3 years and just expired by an accident.
My question - is Ram (family) eligible for gratuity under sec 4(c)and who will borne that amount i.e. contractor or princiapl employer?
Is Insurance is must for every company (including contractor) for payment of gratuity under sec 4-A?

nipuna

i do agree with mr. malik as in case of gratuity, one have so serve atleast 5 years continuous in the organization
From India, Delhi
Manoj Tyagi
I have a querry on Gratuity Act. Whether gratuity is payble to an employee' s dependant who has committed suicide.Please mention the ruling with citation also. MKTyagi

rajensunder
SVS is right. If you complete 4 yars and 240 days, you are eligible to claim Madras H.C -( 1998, LLR 1072) has cleared this matter once and for all. Sunder Rajen
From India, Hyderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.