Madhu.T.K

Dear Indrani,
I follow your valuable inputs. I have also said that without cooperation from the new employer, it is not possible for us to take any action against an absconded employee. As you said it will always be with silent permission of the employer that such things happen and it is because of this backing that these employees abscond without caring for relieving order or service certificates.
Certainly I discourage legal actions against such employees because it will not work in time. I have taken a strong stand against taking legal steps against the employer (New) in reply to Khaiser Ali Shah because I believe that with out having any 'consideration' or value in return the suit will not be maintainable.
Any way, the issue was raised in 2008 and I do not know what happened to Joe's issue then.
Regards,
Madhu.T.K

From India, Kannur
unusual_indu

Dear Mr Madhu T K
Thank you for your reply .I understand it has been long since Joe posted this topic but I wanted to participate in this discussion since this problem has almost become an everyday occurence.
The only way to fight this nuisance is to, we as HR professionals should ensure that a new joinee in our organisation has completed the exit process in his/her previous organisation and has a valid releiving letter from the past organisation
This however is an ideal situation but most of the times it becomes difficult to adhere to such professional ethics as recruiters have very steep targets to meet.
Thanks for adding your bit to the discussion

From India, Pune
msRear
Dear all,
I have a situation wherere, an employee joines another organization submitting the resignation to the employer. The employer comes to know about it and tries to follow up with the employee. The employee is not bothered about it and doesn't turn up. In this case, what an employer can do to the ex-employee (Who's still an employee).
Now my query on this is :
- Can an employer go legal against that employee?
- How the employee can be punished so that he doesn't do this with any other employer?
- If an employee is at a junior position (i.e. a sales person in a Retail shop, goes away with uniform, id card, etc.), and he does this, then what an employer can do to the employee.
Please revert.
Emergrncy

From Bangladesh
manogharangovindaraj
Sending all the details to the present employer is not advisable better call the employee to give the resignation and ask him to settle all dues if any and relieve him from the company after finishing all formalities further u can Publish the matter in newspaper that he has no connection with the company and any person dealing with him will be dealing in his own risk. That is enough.
or if he is a sales rep.. inform all your customers that he is relieved from your company. Since it is everyone's freedom to relieve from one company and join in another company but provided every employee should be loyal to his company during his service. -This is my opinion
regards
Manogharan G

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.