nishabaxa
I think the main reason to leave a company is the boss. A person spents maximum of his time in the office & if someone irritates you the entire day is just not acceptable which affects your work too and this in combination with less salary is even more worst.
From India, Mumbai
sajid_rasheed

Dear Geetha

Thanks for posting this important area of understanding which we could only feel and many a times its difficult to explain. I somehow missed this important posting of yours usually I keep a keen eye on issues raised from your side which are always simple to read but gives a real tough time to summarize it in words when you want to provide your inputs on it.

We have two scenarios – As the forum is meant mostly for HR/Training professionals so it is understood by default that there are no non-HR members on the forum. Hence, if your context of the discussion says these job seekers are the HR/Training professionals then commenting on your discussion will have a different angle. As the situation is grim where the people who are suppose to diagnose the health of their work force and give them the right prescription of dosage for motivation and positive attitude and these people are themselves fallen prey and become victim of de-motivation and dejection then what I could conclude is they are in wrong organisation or rather the organisation is not fit for them. There is no proper gelling / Bonding between the owners/promoters and the HR Pros hence it would be always good to relocate and provide your professional services to those organizations who acknowledge it. Creative people will always be in search of more. So Change will always be a Constant

Another scenario – You as a manager notice lots of turnover in your workforce then I would support you with your idea but in a different way.

Different people will have different motivating factors and not necessary these needs (as per Maslow) will arise in a sequential order. But If you happen to understand Maslow’s theory same time you have to also consider that as per Maslow to fulfill these needs (Existence / Basic needs, Relational/Social needs & Growth /Achievement) one doesn’t have to necessarily look towards one area to fulfill it. And as of now the context is a JOB. The whole world is open for an individual to satisfy his needs coming in range from basic to the higher level in order.
According to me there is no one right way to manage people, all of whom have different needs, backgrounds and expectations, Herzberg's theory offers a reasonable starting point. By creating an environment that promotes job satisfaction, you are developing employees who are motivated, productive and fulfilled. This, in turn, will contribute to higher productivity, quality and satisfaction.
What I could remember by reading the post is exactly what Fredrick Herzberg had asked in late 1950s to a group of employees to find out what made them satisfied and dissatisfied on the job.

1. Think of a time when you felt especially good about your job. Why did you feel that way?
2. Think of a time when you felt especially bad about your job. Why did you feel that way?
And finally reaching to the two dimension so two dimensions to job satisfaction: motivation and "hygiene"
Though Hygiene factors may not influence or motivate an individual directly but it will help create an environment conducive to work with a positive attitude. What all the other members posted and voiced their opinion by and large fall under the below mentioned tasks which need to be worked upon by the HR as a PRIMARY ACTIVITY managing the Human Capital.
· Company and administrative policies
· Supervision
· Salary
· Interpersonal relations
· Working conditions
· Work itself
· Achievement
· Recognition
· Responsibility
· Advancement

Employee satisfaction and retention have always been important issues for HRs. After all, high levels of absenteeism and staff turnover can affect your bottom line, as temps, recruitment and retraining take their toll. But few practices (in fact, few organizations) have made job satisfaction a top priority, perhaps because they have failed to understand the significant opportunity that lies in front of them.

Satisfied employees tend to be more productive, creative and committed to their employers whereas what we as managers are more concerned about the deadlines to complete the projects giving less importance towards building an atmosphere and environment which will help promote positive attitude and motivation. As always being motivated and positive what we can look forward is to be in the right place with right opportunity to give our best and disseminate best HR practices in its real true sense.

Cheers

Sajid

From United Arab Emirates, Dubai
taahini
hi, I probably believe tht the reasons given are valid and acceptable.basically point 4,5,8,9 and 10 are the reasons why employees quit.
From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.