No Tags Found!

sudhirkumar
hai ravi how are you this is sudhir i think that is dsnt matter your are staff are husbnd wife because if they are qualified or your other staff member also qualified then there should be no any issue they can work together but if they mainten a proffestional relationship in their working place. But you can face some problem from your other staff member because our countery men are not well borrowed minded they are so very narrow mind they can comments on their relationship and it can may be a gossip agend point for your other staff member but after some time all thing will be smooth all discussion would be stop and working atmoshfare will be also better for husband wife both
thanks regards
sudhir kumar
form ludhianan

From India, Ludhiana
Ashok Kumar Mishra

Hi Achu!
The the idea of terminating employees in an organisation because they get married (as given in the example) appears to be old,antequated and regressive. Today we are talking of HRD and are less oriented to the legalistic frame.
The employer can not take shelter behind the standing order. Do you think any standing order with a discriminatory clause like this will ever be approved by the certifying authorities/labour authorities?? Because this would be bad in law and unethical.
It is good that the employer has ultimately seen reason in this case and chosen a step in sync with current management practice.
thanks
Ashok

From India, Bhubaneswar
Rajan_MHC
As we had all types of scenerios, I would suggest to retaine one among the couple where he or she is. The other can after a discussion (or counselling) be moved to a different location, department or sister concern where the couple each other will not have a direct relation as far as process are concerned. Sending off anyone will give a wrong signal to the organization. The company policy a plays a major role in determining the outcome of this particular issue.
Thanks & Regards
Rajan

From India, Bangalore
Jitu

Hi,
As far as the policy of ur company is concerned and when they have joined the company u must have given them the offfer letter and in it you must have quoted that once an employee get married from the same company and then any one of the husband or wife have to leave the company and if they do not agree then you have to find the middle road like find job for any one of them in some company and then you can help them for get the job as per their requirements.
you have to check your company policy and then if the law is not there like this type of situation than from now make it as fast as possible..
Kind regards,
Jitu

From India, Ahmadabad
Ganesh Bhojiram Ighe
Hello Ravi
First u see your company's employment policy if they mention no first blood relation is allow then only they have right. they request u but not force u.if u have good relation with management plz. try to convey them if they not agree take time of 3-4 months and try to serch another job there are so many jobs in indian i am sure one of from u definitily get good job. Dont spoil your relation with your with management they also have certain limitation no one goes against company's policy.
Be possitive.
Wish u all the best.
Thanx
Ganesbh B. Ighe

From United States, Marina Del Rey
Sanjeev.Himachali

Husband and wife can work in a same company but not in same department. One should not be in a position so as to influence the performance, appraisal or increment of another.
I hope this will clear your concern.
Thanks and Regards

From India, Mumbai
aby_vas

This has turned up to be a good issue.
Lot of different and important views and aspects have been Presented.
1. Affect Performance of Both.
2. Favourism can occur.
3. Similar Mental Attitude of Both.
Things to be considered from Legal aspect is that some of benefits like HRA etc.(80 C) which is shared amongst both can be availed by only one, on procduction of documentary evidence of the same.
Rest all can be internal but these things matter with the Legal Compliance of the Company.
Cheers!
Abhinav Vashisht

From India, Panipat
Anjan123
There is no inhibtion in both husband and wife cannot work in the dept, ofcourse with some headache to HR and supervising staff. bettr counsel and convince, and shift them to some ohet dept if possible.
Anjan,bangalore

From India, Bangalore
Soumya Devaguptapu
Hi Ravi,
My view with regards to this post is a husband and wife can work together. It depends totally on the individuals. Confidentiality, integrity, ethics should be already told to the employees before joining. This would help the employee and the employer in getting the job done efficiently.
References work a lot for HR and also plays a major role in attrition management. Companies like deloitte infact would encourage references and they do a good homework for employees to understand the importance of ethics and integrity among individuals.
Hope this is useful for you!
Cheers,
Soumya

From India, Mumbai
tusher_majumder

Hi! ,
I feel there is no harm in Husband and wife working in the same Company . But they can work in separate departments.
We may feel discomfort if one is ill other may take off to take care of the other . but falling ill is hardly 2-3 times in a year .
I have seen in some companies working couples in same organization hardly leaves the company till they are transferred . Many times interdepartmental conflicts reduced .
I feel in the current business scenario we should not restrict this .
regds,
Tusher Majumder

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.