No Tags Found!

anuradhaguda
Hi Jahnavi,

You've got some excellent responses there.

Just want to add a bit more from my experience, as I was working with Operations for some time and got an idea of how people perceive HR.

It is the small things which propagate negative perceptions. You could:

Micro level -

Make sure you smile and appear approachable.

Keep an 'open door' policy (though the escalation route should be clear) and reply to all emails

Try to take coffee breaks with different groups of people and let them know you at a personal level as well

At the macro level you could also execute a Employee Satisfaction Survey which should not ask for an employee's personal details. Just enough information which will tell which department/area and level the individual is working at. A well designed survey will give you quantifiable data with which you can sell change ideas to top management.

My previous company did this to great success. After this process was complete the top mgmt and HR got together and organised a big bang conference (1st time in the company's history and for all sites individually)

wherein the Key Address went like this: ' You said: e.g we have no leisure facilities' and 'We did: set up internet cafe, pool tables, carrom, badminton etc.' For every feedback there was a measurable response which demonstrated the commitment of the leaders.

Best wishes,

Anuradha

From India, Indore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.