Stephenmarks

Dear Sonia, Being a HR for a company, how did you choose a unfit candidate for a HR executive post.
From India, Coimbatore
D.GURUMURTHY

Dear Sir, As a general rule, you can give one month’s notice of termination. or pay one month salary and terminate from service. D.Gurumurthy HR/IR Consultant
From India, Hyderabad
arjunpandav9

Dear All,
It is easy to recruit an employee but difficult to dispense with his/her service.
I would suggest to give her training as suggested by senior. If HR has to blame for wrong selection than Company must have to be blame for job stabilty & Security. Immediate pressure and termination would confuse other employees as well.
I would certainly suggest to put pressure in terms of jobprofile and allow her show her performance rather finding fault to terminate her.
Whhyyyyyyyyy not leave the option of terminatioin and apply the option of oppurtunity to continue with her.
Regards,
Arjun

From India, Mumbai
munagada
When two people interviewed and selected, I feel, it was absolutely a perfect decision. Nonetheless, there was a perception change after seeing her etiquette. Hence, I can say loudly that ‘stereotypes’ are working.
Simple solution -- send her for one day ‘general etiquette and corporate decorum training’, and see the difference for yourself.

From India, Bellary
AS

If you are finding unproffessionalism only in her eating and sitting habits, tell her directly. Tell her in future too, you point at her in case such things comes under observation

At times, it so happens, that just becoz that person is clumsy, we may feel that the person is not even good in work. Say for example, if she had good habits , would you have still commented on her performance,

try thinking on that line and rate her performance, if her performance is really bad, then find out why.

If she is lacking focus, try giving her one work at one time, tell her to just concentrate on that work and slowly she will dwell in to these habits and see if she improves. In case she does not, then one more option, you can think of putting her in other department ( ofcourse wherever she fits) .

I agree, it is difficult to predict someones performance, what i suggestm whenever you finalise some one, tell them to come two weeks training, based on their successful completion only they can be recruited. The canditiate can atleast take two weeks leave from their current company and will also not loose job.

From India, Mumbai
Uthraa Balakrishnan
Dear Sonia,
Adding on to the others the traits that u have mentioned is common among those freshers especially from rural areas. A lot of companies face these problems.One best way out is counsel the person giving importance for the basic code of conduct in an organisation and how it can take them to great heights. Show them the neater side of professionalism and how people who are un professional will be treated in the long run.
Regards,
Uthraa

From India, New Delhi
Mashwani
I wonder why we always go for the final resort, being HR professional don’t you think we have to develop and retain employee besides termination.
From Pakistan, Karachi
Lloyd01
Dont be so very eager to terminate someone.
Give instant feedback, tell her the problems at her face. if she can't understand initiate a formal performance improvement plan for her and still if problem persists go for termination.
Do have all the documentaion on giving feedback and performance improvement plan
Termination is not a joke.

From India, Bangalore
K212
Hi,
There are some suggestion from my side, rather terminate someone without giving her time to improve herself and adjust into the atmosphere of the company we should involve some process for 15 days like:-
1. talk to her and understand what is the exact problem she is facing
2. why are she not comfortable in the environment of the organization because of that unprofessional ism is coming
3. what kind of support she wants from the company
4. do open talk to her
I am sure you will get the proper reason and you will be able to resolve the issue. Some people takes time to adjust somewhere but very soon they become very productive for the organization.
Take it in positive way........and it very worst case tell her to resign.
Regards
K212

From India, Gurgaon
manoj_92272@yahoo.com
Dear All,
As a HR Professional We are recruiting the persons to meet the quota of recruitment.But afterwards our personal likings and disliking come in the way in our assessment of the person.The person is not sitting properly or not wearing dress properly is not the reason for the termination.Second bad performance has to be prove.We can not play with the life of the people.The persons who have recruited should be terminated for the bad recruitment and bad judgement.The terminated person will go outside and give the bad name to the company.This type of behavior of the Hr professional is give bad name to the company and which will make the difference between great companies and bad companies.
Manoj joshi.

From India, Ahmadabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.