No Tags Found!

Anoop Jathavedan
Hi All,
I think if the companies restrict themselves to 30 days NP, the problem of No Shows can be reduced to a larger extend, because they will not get enough time to go around and trade for a new offer upon his/her current offer.
Any suggestions please.

From India, Thrissur
nathrao

Your question is not clear.
What is the link between No shows and Notice period.
What we understand by no shows is that person accepts offer of job, but does not join on stipulated date.
Kindly clarify.

From India, Pune
PRABHAT RANJAN MOHANTY

Are you from HR fraternity? If not, then stay away from this type of discussion because you will not able to understand the mechanisim.
The system of NP is well established there is no need to cahnge.

From India, Mumbai
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Mr Nathrao,

Sir, The poster of this post had posted the query in the old thread. Since he came up with the new idea, moderators have delinked it from the old thread and made a new thread.

Many companies are harassed when the selected job candidate does not join on the proposed date. It upsets the company's planning as well as operations.

The contention of Anoop is that the bane of "No show" lies in a long notice period of 90 days. This long notice period gives elbow room to the current employer to manoeuvre in order to retain an employee. They may promise an increase in pay or promotion or additional perks. However, if the job candidate accepts the offer from the current employer and if he/she does not join the company on the date mentioned in the offer letter then it leaves the prospective employer high and dry. To avoid this situation, Anoop has mooted an idea of a reduction in the notice period.

For Mr Prabhat Ranjan Mohanty: - There could be merit in his argument or may not be. Nevertheless, it would not be advisable to thwart some members' proposition. Let us discuss, debate, disagree but not discourage!

Thanks,

Dinesh Divekar
+91-9900155394

From India, Bangalore
nathrao

Dear Respected Dinesh,
I understand that longer notice periods to quit can make new joinees hesitate while joining.
I asked this question because his post is slightly confusing.
Thanks for clarification.

From India, Pune
saiconsult

The suggestion of the querying member can be tried. Apart from this a 'no show' can also be avoided by probing the candidate at the time of interview as to what is the key motivating factor for the employee to switch his job. If the predominant motive is better salary, then there is a risk of 'no show' as he can be tempted by his employer with an attractive counter offer. If the reason for change is better job profile, career growth, greater autonomy or work-life balance and if the prospective company meets his needs adequately, then the 'no shows' can greatly diminish.The solution can also include managing "no shows" by keeping a panel of candidates who can fill in the vacancy if an employee does not show up.
B.Saikumar
HR & Labour Law Adviser
Navi Mumbai

From India, Mumbai
nathrao

Link between shorter notice period or longer notice period and no show is tenuous.
A person joins a company keeping many factors in mind.
If I join a company-I would see job prospects and career growth, value addition for my CV and general things like distance from residence, pay,leave etc.
Longer or short notice period will not make such an material impact if the companies otherwise good.
Shorter notice period by itself will make no difference.

From India, Pune
PRABHAT RANJAN MOHANTY

Dear Anoop,
I think it would be better to come up with details or your apprehension for restricting notice period. Only then there can be a sound and fruitful discussion by the members. Hence it is required to know the exact query from the seeker.
In short the notice period is determined to check retrenchment and victimisation by the employer. This is a mechanisim under the ID Act. This is a workmen friendly system and help the workmen substantialy. The notice for 3 moths helps a lot to the workmen subject to vicimization or loose employment, to arrange an alternative employment.
This notice period helps both employer and employee to aaange their peice of requirement and stands against the uncertainity.
I appreciate the role of Mr Divekar for shading light on the discssion.

From India, Mumbai
saiconsult

The clause about notice period is a mutually beneficial clause to avoid both employee and employer being caught off guard by a sudden termination or a sudden resignation and affords time to both of them to look for an alternate arrangement to tide over d problem of sudden unemployment and sudden loss of a resource respectively
Saikumar

From India, Mumbai
Venkata Vamsi Krishna Patnaik

Dear Anoop,
Beyond agreeing with all learned senior members points, notice period also gives a chance for both employer and employee to reduce the gap, if any for the actually exit and it may lead to a positive situation that the employee can be asked to continued in service.

From India, Hyderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.