S.S. Avinash
Dear Friend,

Remember one thing if you want to change some one it’s very difficult.
One simple tip I will give you first walk in there own direction for few yards and then understand why they behave like that and make them to walk in your own path.

Love your employees definitely they will listen you.

In this type of situation no rules regulations company policies nothing will work ok.

Regards
Avinash
H:P: 098446-72023
E-mail:

From India, Bangalore
e4e78af83707a9dcc9b1442b0

Office boys are of a certain cadre and they wouldn't like anyone new to take over any position so easily and that too their In charge. They are not so highly educated so the best idea is to keep distance from them. I had almost the same experience with Guards in a Guarding company where the guards had been there since almost 7 to 8 years. These people have a fear of loosing their so called dignity in the office if someone new joins the office, and they try to show their superiority complex. Please understand this, they won’t easily get distracted from what they are, most of which is the fault of management who usually oversee their activities. Remember for Top management office boys are a source of information and any issue raised by you in front of management against of them would ultimately backfire on you. Trust me and take my advice seriously. Try to avoid such responsibilities, and skip to other areas of concern.
From India, Mumbai
dsrmba
Dear all.
I want information for that our company manufacturing Filter bags for Industrial purpose,company located in city out cuts.But corporation office is in Hyderbad city.Now how to get Trade License for corporate office and factory.Some people are advice no need trade license for that.Please send details to get license under which Act and how to approach to whom for this.My mail ID:
With Regards
Subhakar,Admn

From India, Hyderabad
joshpresidencian

There is always a polite way to control an attitude issue. If people do not understand that (Which is a common observation with the house keeping boys/ office staffs), you need to sometimes take a different turn in terms of managing them. Remember, they are not educated/ less educated, and they will be least bothered about policies/ terms as they mean nothing to them.
One way could be to : Keep them so much engaged that they have no space to show attitude to others. When people realize that how much are they drowned in water will they look at others with bad attitude. Appoint a leader in this group (Probably the senior in the group) and start the work audit sessions every day. Have a team meeting/ briefing before the end of every shift and discuss all the good/ bad points/ discuss areas of improvements. Give them feedback.
Please ensure that do not let them down in the whole exercise.
Regards,
Jay Nair

From India, Bangalore
despomaniac
Hello everyone,

There are basic solutions to the problem.
First brief the office boys on your position and duties ,brief them on what you have been asked by management to do in relation with the office boys.
As you are new and they are old so there is no need to follow autocratic style of leadership but indee3d follo9w participative style.Try to understand there basic problems then find out the solutions which can help them in par with the organization's policy and procedure.
Explain them the importance of being professional and how it will help them to rise.

If required get in touch with your training department and ask them to conduct some basic training for them.

you need to take office boys and not the management in confidence that what evr you will be doing it will be for thr benefit .

this is the only way you can deal with this solution and if still problem occurs load and fire .

Thats somethin which i could have done in this situation but your judgement will hold more value as you are in the field yourslf.

Thankz a lot all c ya.

From India, Delhi
lakshmi87*

Your need to look into the root cause for their behaviour/attitude towards work and other employees. They may demanding equal status with other employees as they are indisposable.

One of the cause could be people overused and hurt their feelings for a long period or they are allowed to over stay and do monotonus jobs in which they lost interest.

Please discuss in person in isoloation and allow them to ventilate their feelings and exhaust their energies, then analyse and find the ways to sort out the issue.

you need to lookinto the following

1. how long they were with company and educational qualifications.

if their qualification needs improvement to find a better job other departements, encourage or motivate to learn acquire additional which will help you plan and move to other departments at appropriate time.

2. if not , alternatively, you need check whether the boys are on the rolls of employment and paid in cash through voucher by the company covering all statutory acts.

then, tell them that company would like to use their services better way than the existing and the company wishes to use them in other areas with an improved skill, else , they need to seek separation alternatively and company would releive them and you can settle their account within the frame work of law.

Afterall everyone should work in an evironment comfortable to company and its employees and customers.

From India, Hyderabad
Pavadia
Hi Everybody,

Thanks again for your valuable inputs and I am glad to share that I followed the same.

Yesterday I conducted a meeting with office boys and get to know what they are going through .

Now I know the reason for their rough behaviour towards the staff.

Reasons they shared are :

1. They are working 12 hrs or more a day but not getting anything like OT or refreshments.

2. They are working on Off like Saturdays and Sundays.(At bosses Home)

3. Staff people never appreciate but complains frequently.

4. No Family or social life left.

I shared all these points with Management but dey seem to leave things as unheard.

As per the Management

1. They are getting paid more than anyone else in the Market.

2. They do not deduct any money from their salary even if they take any leaes.

3. No overtime for anyone in the Office.

So, now after the meet with boys they have lower down their attitude and are doing their job effeciently than before but how should I make management realise the same.

And Ofcourse with the help of all yours contribution I am able to step the first ladder.

Thanks ,

Pavadia

From India, Delhi
mashok
Pavadia,
- If those office boys are on contract, ask the agency to replacement in phases so that the new office boys can be under your control.
- If they are on rolls, then your job is tougher. You can create simple role defination for them, introduce SLAs and till them that they should get 9/10 rating for internal customer satisfaction to continue in the job. Before you introduce this, ensure management agrees and take some key employees into your confidence. Build up records for 6 to 8 months. Once they know that their activities are monitored, measured and reviewed they will come in line. otherwise, you will have enough data to prove your point for termination later, if that is required.
Ashok M

From United States, San Diego
Pavadia
[QUOTE=Pavadia;1092430]Hi Everybody,

Thanks again for your valuable inputs and I am glad to share that I followed the same.
Yesterday I conducted a meeting with office boys and get to know what they are going through .
Now I know the reason for their rough behaviour towards the staff.

Reasons they shared are :
1. They are working 12 hrs or more a day but not getting anything like OT or refreshments.
2. They are working on Off like Saturdays and Sundays.(At bosses Home)
3. Staff people never appreciate but complains frequently.
4. No Family or social life left.

I shared all these points with Management but dey seem to leave things as unheard.
As per the Management
1. They are getting paid more than anyone else in the Market.
2. They do not deduct any money from their salary even if they take any leaes.
3. No overtime for anyone in the Office.

So, now after the meet with boys they have lower down their attitude and are doing their job effeciently than before but how should I make management realise the same.

And Ofcourse with the help of all yours contribution I am able to step the first ladder.

Thanks ,
Pavadia

From India, Delhi
kazim_baig
I think, every organization is facing same problem; however, there should be a policy to re-shuffle office boys in every year/half quarterly if you have a different divisions, by this way, office boys literally think and keep in mind every time to behave good with others. Naturally, every employee does not want to any transfer/re-shuffle due to fright to fit new environment.
From Saudi Arabia, Riyadh
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.