generalist91

Dear Members,
There is no ceiling on eligible salary for gratuity and of course there is a ceiling on amount of gratuity payable.
Almost all the organizations show gratuity as a part of CTC (contingent notional cost) but deductions are not in accordance with law.
In some organizations employees are encouraged to take away their gratuity on completion of each year of service, starting from the very first year. I would request seniors to kindly advise on the correctness of the same.

From India
kumaresank

1) Gratuity is paid to all employees who served the organization continous 5yrs unblemished service
2) Salary has no role to fix an employee for eligiblity
3) Recently maximum Gratuity has been enhance to Rs.10 lakhs and total amount is also exempted from Tax
4) Even an employee dies before the completion of 5 yrs continous service, his nominies will be paid gratuity

From India, Tiruchchirappalli
alurkalyan
Hi,
I have a similar question. I am working in a small company(Software Company) from past 4 and half years. Now my employer says that their is no concept of Gratuity in this company. So how to know if my company comes under "Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972" ?
Regards,
Kalyan

From India, Bangalore
R.N.Khola

Dear Kalyan,
If ten or more than ten persons are employed in your establishment then the Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972 is to be considered as applicable.
With Regards,
R.N.Khola

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.