Anonymous
Hello, Due to the Covid-19 pandemic our restaurant has been closed since March 2019. The company is not paying salary to its employees. One of the employees who joined the company in Dec 2019 has completed his 1 year in the company and is asking for a soft copy of the confirmation letter but the company is ignoring his request. What can be done in such a situation?
From India, Mumbai
rkn61

Covid 19n pandemic has come and spread in India during Feb/March 2020 and lock down started only in March 20. How come your restaurant was closed since March 2019?
From India, Aizawl
loginmiraclelogistics

Have they resumed the operations, the restaurant reopened and normal business resumed? Ofcourse since there's no indication to the effect that he was terminated, by all means he's still in service. The confirmation not likely to happen immediately. But for this pandemic lockdown everything might have been normal. In this abnormal circumstances, my opinion is, it shall be your concern first to receive regular salary and other benefits. I hope his confirmation should follow once all the difficulties are overcome and normalcy is restored. I would suggest to have patience for the present, there seems no alternative available, ofcourse if he chooses to quit if come to worse. May be he can talk to the HR without pressing too much on this at this stage.
From India, Bangalore
Raj_2712
Thanks for your feedback@ Kumar s. Sorry @ Mr. Nair. Typing mistake from my side. The restaurant was closed since mar,2020. It is still closed till date. But my colleague is asking for the soft copy as he had received his offer letter in soft copy as well.so as per him the company can provide him with a soft copy of the confirmation letter. He has also requested to the HR and was told that they can provide him the soft copy. That was last week. As he has not received it yet he is getting worried. Also, as per him there was no communication regarding extension of his probation period oral or written. So his is not able to understand the delay in submitting the confirmation letter.
From India, Mumbai
loginmiraclelogistics

Hi Raj.
It's worrysome, why the restaurant has not resumed? Any problem, is there any indication that the restaurant would resume operations shortly. Pl.find out the status immediately whether he would be assured of continued employment. Depending on their immediate future plans you people can decide what to do next.

From India, Bangalore
Raj_2712
Hello,
There has been an update on the above situation. My colleague has been offered a job and he is keen to take it as his current company is still ignoring his request for Confirmation Letter. As per his Appointment Letter he does not have to serve any notice period if the company is extending his probation period.
In such a case as he has completed 1 year in the company,is the company liable to give him an Experience Letter?

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.