No Tags Found!

skhadir

Dear Reena Jabran,
Greeting...

Hope you are able to promote your training programme more effectively and aggressively.

Its very difficult to read the way you had formatted your post. Even your earlier post about promoting NLP TRAINING PROGRAMME @ HYDERABAD was just the same.

Whatever you post in this forum, it counts as there are many senior and experience members looking for various information that could of some help to other members. Also leaves an impression about the member posting such information. You may not be able to attract and invite audience to read your post.

I would be glad if you could use small paragraphs or split into points or multiple lines. Instead of using the word bye, you could have concluded more constructively by leaving more information about your since you are from L & D INDUSTRY, besides, if i am not wrong you are a NLP TRAINER as well.

Greeting people will help you to attract more members to pay attention to your post...Please don't mistake as i am not trying to correct you or educate you but, i am just sharing my views with you as member of this forum.

I second to Mr. Dinesh and it was quite information information as well.

Have a nice day..

With profound regards

From India, Chennai
M.J.SUBRAMANYAM

Dear Divakar,

I beg to differ from what you say. At the same time I surprised to you say that the transformational vocabulary will have no impact on senior executives. My own experience is that they also can be moved provided the timing of the use of these vocabulary and the correlation of these vocabulary to appropriate situation do create a great impact on the high class audience as well. I am surprised that a man of your experience and knowledge ( I see you aggressively market your self in these columns and your claims are very high-you often say even one man like you can make a horse drink water!) you hold a different view on this use of metaphoric vocabulary. I remember DR C.N.Rao, a renowned scientist saying once that trainers/teachers should use Ramayana and Mahabharata to create a special effect on the minds of the audience and you can reach them better by these means. Perhaps you would analyse the past experience and see where you have gone wrong and rectify it to the reap rich benefits of using such a vocabulary. Anthony Robin's example is a case in this point. Do well to search where the mistake lies and find out the answer for yourself.
See for example, the case of Ramadev Baba. Yoga was known to many Indians It was a known subject. But he made it work for himself again and showed that it had become a neglected baby. BY rejuvenating he infused confidence in many people. In north India even today people switch on the TV at 5 A.M.. and practice in front of TV the asanas. He has now become a house hold name in North India. Take a lesson from Ramdev Baba and reposition yourself.
M.J. SUBRAMANYAM, BANGALORE

From India, Bangalore
skhadir

Dear Mr. Subramanyam,
I beg a pardon for interrupting you guys without seeking permission.
Anyone who is posting information and sharing his/her knowledge, including myself, just take it for granted, they all are selling their skills, demonstrating their talents/competencies, promoting themselves in this world(forums) for survival reasons. If anyone is doing such things, we should never take this in negative sense.
Moreover, even Ms. Reena Jabran is trying to promote her program and there are many doing the same. I hope none is committing SIN for promoting their skills online....
I love to say to this world "never underestimate anyone in this world", this is also applicable to me as well..
Good luck guys and just keep sharing views but don't pin point anyone in any sense that may trigger ENDLESS ARGUMENTS and spoil our RELATIONSHIPS in this forum.......
With profound regards

From India, Chennai
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Mr M.J.SUBRAMANYAM,

My paragraph-wise replies are as below:

I beg to differ from what you say. At the same time I surprised to you say that the transformational vocabulary will have no impact on senior executives.

I never said that it will not have any impact. Please read my first post of this correctly. I have said that for senior managers it may not work. They do not like detailed explanation.

My own experience is that they also can be moved provided the timing of the use of these vocabulary and the correlation of these vocabulary to appropriate situation do create a great impact on the high class audience as well.

Everyone is prisoner of one's experience. You are you and so am I.

I am surprised that a man of your experience and knowledge ( I see you aggressively market your self in these columns and your claims are very high-you often say even one man like you can make a horse drink water!) you hold a different view on this use of metaphoric vocabulary.

Out of my 2,310 posts I never said any time that I make horse drink water. You could have given evidence before raising this allegation against me. Secondly, not all my posts are for marketing. Large number of them are for helping the junior and young HR/Training professionals. It appears that these have escaped from your attention.

I remember DR C.N.Rao, a renowned scientist saying once that trainers/teachers should use Ramayana and Mahabharata to create a special effect on the minds of the audience and you can reach them better by these means. Perhaps you would analyse the past experience and see where you have gone wrong and rectify it to the reap rich benefits of using such a vocabulary. Anthony Robin's example is a case in this point. Do well to search where the mistake lies and find out the answer for yourself.

Yes I do give references of Hindu mythology occasionally but then what examples to use is purely an individual's choice.

See for example, the case of Ramadev Baba. Yoga was known to many Indians It was a known subject. But he made it work for himself again and showed that it had become a neglected baby. BY rejuvenating he infused confidence in many people. In north India even today people switch on the TV at 5P.M. and practice in front of TV the asanas. He has now become a house hold name in North India. Take a lesson from Ramdev Baba and reposition yourself.

Thanks for the suggestion but then example of Ramadev Baba is out of place for corporate crowd. Ramdev Baba deals with hoi polloi. For dealing with them anecdotes and stories will work. In corporate training people are hard pressed of time and we need to use their time judiciously. We the trainers are responsible for building competency in the participants. Secondly, Ramdeve Baba is good marketer. He could catch the pulse of the people and has marketed himself very well.

Final Comments: - I did not understand the cause of your frustration. If you read my second post of this thread, I have written that one should concentrate on the ends and not on the means! NLP is only a mean and not an end. Secondly, as far as my views about senior management are concerned, let me tell you that in the last four years, I must have sat across 100+ MD from different industries. Spending with them time for meeting itself is difficult. Now if I were to tell some stories, to explain my view point then probably I would lost my sale long ago.

let me quote my toughest example of expat (British) COO of one Indian MNC. They operate in 5 countries. My first appointment was for 28 minutes and he had allotted 43 minutes for his second appointment. Now when persons who work on point to point basis,while dealing with them one's choice of words should be quite judicious. I had similar experience while training other Managing Directors as well.

In none of my post I was arrogant any time. Yet why my posts should rub your shoulders is a matter of surmise!

Dinesh V Divekar

From India, Bangalore
reena.jabran
That is good interactions.. Every one is entitled to his / her opinion. If every one bought the opinion of the others there would not be something called opinion.... Isnt it.
We just need to thank for the opinion as we need to know the different perceptions and angles and that is how we grow. I do respect all the opinions that we read in this thread. I have learnt from it.
In my angle, each one has voiced out what they felt and we are not here to judge what is right or wrong. Even this is a metaphorical experience isnt it... we did use metaphors.
My guru once said, 'Every breath a learning'. I thank all you guys and keep the discussion on...

From India, Hyderabad
nashbramhall

I am reproducing a message that I posted at https://www.citehr.com/345242-senior...uestion-3.html here, as I find people have misread others posts and reacted rather than responding to the original post.

May I make a sincere appeal to all. We should not engage in a debate or make statements that would create exchange of messages going beyond the topic in question. If we have to make critical comments about other bloggers, then we should resort to writing PRIVATE messages or mails. This will help to keep the discussions in the thread free from emotions.

There is a saying in English "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words do not hurt me". If we follow that, then I am sure we will avoid reacting to people's comments.

We all can do with a bit of self-reflection, as to why we make critical comments in the first place. Also, there is an old Sanskrit saying which states

Please tell the TRUTH

Please say that is PLEASING

Do not tell the TRUTH if it is UNPLEASENT

Nevel tell a LIE just to PLEASE.

I am not perfect as I also violate the principles that I have quoted.

Have a nice day.

Simhan

Learning and Teaching Fellow (Retd.)

The University of Bolton, UK.

Brief profile in "About us" at <link no longer exists - removed>

Please do not think I am promoting myself or the company. the company. As my brief profile is there, I have given the link.

"It is never too late to learn or improve oneself"

From United Kingdom
nashbramhall

Dinesh's comment about CEO's not having the time reminds me of a video clip in which a young script writer (SW) goes to a producer with his offer for a new movie. The producer says that he has no time and can spare only 90 secs to convince him. The SW starts telling him the story and it's long winded and the producer says cut after a min and says "sorry, not interested". Then the agent takes over and say please listen and says "Boy meets girl, the fall in love; they are from different religion; something like Romeo and Juliet of Shakespere play; ..." The producer says, "Ok, bring the script; let me read it".
I leave the rest for the participants to conclude.
Have a nice day.
Simhan

From United Kingdom
skhadir

Greetings...
‘I cannot teach anybody anything; I can only make them think – Socrates’........Why dont we thing "OUT OF THE BOX", POSITIVELY?
Whatever Mr. Dinesh wrote about buying time from any CEO is a mammoth task. Mr. Dinesh is right. The best example is my ex-boss, he is the president of his educational society and made people wait for hours together without understanding the purpose of the visit scheduled. Many left without meeting as they got frustrated.
At time, when i was working with the same boss, due to hectic work, i being second in the Organisational hierarchy(TOP MANAGEMENT) and everything, i too made people to wait because its just happens.
Its not that easy to spend time with CEO's and understand their "SATURATED MINDS". Its a wonderful achievement for Mr. Dinesh having spent time with more 100+ MD's...congratulations.....it was really a great achievement....
With profound regards

From India, Chennai
M.J.SUBRAMANYAM

dEAR dIVEKAR,

Once again I have to inform that I was not opposing or questioning your methods of training. Since I have reading your posts, I gather you can achieve even the difficult thing - making a horse drink - is used in a figurative sense and not in a literary sense. I am surprised at your misunderstanding. You can quote any one even including Ramdev, provided if it used brilliantly at an appropriate time with a little of historianics. I was just informing that if things are done as per the timing and with a great impact, even the seniors can be moved and their feelings can be chnged. The language you use, body language, the timing and the way you put things acaross all matters. This should be practiced and then implemented. I can tell you I have succeeded farily well in this respect. It should be possible to you also. Finally, if my posting has created a misunderstanding in you, I feel sorry. It was not my intention to hurt any one through this site.

I wish you all success in your future endeavour.

M.J. SUBRAMANYAM, BANGALORE

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.