No Tags Found!

sujitb1in
I was also facing similar problem was recruited for HR but i was working as a Explosive manager. Be patient time will come when there will be lots of HR issue which you have to handle as there will be grievances of the employees. In my case Problems kept on coming from employees side and i was told to take care of employees grievances thru HR coordination fro head office.I learnt a lot while i was handling explosives and i would proudly say taht i have learnt many things out there also.
Only advice be patient wait for your turn oppurtunity will come .
By sujit

From India, Guwahati
raghublr1979
Dear Mr Srisairam.
My Suggestion would be, You have identified the problem very well, Now stat finding the solution by u r previous experience. U Have the opportunity to experiments the things . Try to stick there & show u r performance.
Regards
Raghavendra
:icon10:

From India, Bangalore
samvedan

Hello,

You indeed have many sympathisers!

Let us be objective and rational about the entire situation.

1. Your career is just four years at this stage and this is your second employer.
2. Whoever told you that HR is a path of roses? You seem to be learning your first lesson that reality can be (and usually, is) harsh and not always pleasant and enjoyable.
3. There will always be obstacles in every career. A major part of learning and personal skills needs to be applied to bringing about changes and conditioning the system to take it to the ideals that you (and your organization) have set.
4. Like Ms. Chakravarti has correctly said, to change the system you have to a part of the system. If you feel that you have been cheated, that's and extra load you will be carrying that will make your efforts ineffective.
5. There are no easy solutions. Career progressions is a struggle that involves changing mindsets, converting resistence to cooperation, hostility to alignment and finally creating a kind of synergy for greater organizational good!

I doubt if the institutes even emphasise such aspects. The very chalenge (and the satisfaction) lies in value addition one can bring about to any situation that is not of his/her making.

Those who get frustrated with the enormity of efforts that are needed, who do not succeed always and fast,, who tend to blame the system ultimately find themselves in the losers camp. It is too early in your stage of the career to feel blocked by a rigid mindset of a peculiar boss.

Either you work with him, change him or work around him, succumb to his dictats or whatever, unless you neutralize him, as it were, your progress in the career will be thwarted by your own limitations.

You always have the choice to quit, but you wouldn't do that eveytime you encounter an obstacle! It is therefore best to give every such situation a reasonable amount of time and extraordinary inputs in terms of skills and efforts and finally if your are convinced (professionaly, rationally and objectively) then start loking for a suitable organization. Perhaps you will find one, but the sense of achievement and satisfaction of having transformed a situation will have to wait to come your way! Swimming against the current is challenging that lesser mortals do not take!

Think deeply about all this. We all have selected a very challenging area-HR, as our careers where rewards mostly may be non-monetary, may take time to arrive but when they do arrive, the recognition and satisfaction they bring along is so great that others will hold you in awe!

After all dealing with human being is NOT an easy thing and to be able to convert inaction to action, low morale to high morale is an achievement of high order!

Finally, no, you are not cheated. You are being invited to face the real challemges of the profession early. The providence may have chosen you to go far in life!

Cheer up.

samvedan
July 16, 2008
------------------------------

From India, Pune
hopegovind

Hi
I believe the similar situation exists everywhere. Only thing is that how to manage it.
This also not means that you should accept the thing what it as it. If your reporting head is not listening talk to the management directly
It might help
Regards
Govind

From India, Mumbai
sanjeevntpl

what ever you said i agree to it. what ever you want to implement is good but still things are going on from the date comapny had incepted so wait for time, make your importance feel, and gain your boss confidence. you will suceed not only here but every where.
sanjeev

From India, Delhi
suhashini.p.e

Hi ya!!

Wat u shared with us is almost happening in all developing companies i believe. Initially i was posted as HR Officer of the Company i was told to create systems and implements new ideas and stuff like that. I became very enthusiastic and came running to this company for joining from chennai( my hometown) to coimbatore.

After coming here i saw there s no rules, no policies, nothing up to the company strandards, i thought of creating everything but the chief is the old person in experienced into this industry treats everyone like govt employees and he believes wat ever he says is the policy of the company.

I feel like totally strucked in this company, everything is happening without my knowledge all the employees feel that these stupid policies are created by me. Everyday i get complaint mails, hatred mails, too many resignations letters. Im planning to quit but its been only 3 months joined in this company.

I was directly made selected by the Chairman. but after my recruitment he didnt bother for any kind official meeting with me.

sharing all these issues to all u guys. i feel relaxed........

far away from home i think i came to be get fooled by the old folks.

Be Well

Suhashini.

From India, Tiruppur
brijeshrn
do not loose hope now... and try to get some yeses from the senior now... and see atleast you can get something positive out of it...meanwhile work with his boss or somebody more senior than him, that could help you to do something later.. this all needs some time atleast on the line six months,, so make a plan like this, and always there is a plan b or plan c to quit and go for a new job...only thing is you should try your best before doing that.. so that you will not repent that you could have done better, so plan what you could do... if its not working out also its ok... obtsactles are the ones which you should try to overcome and go on.... so try and not worry about the results....
From India, Madras
priti@hepaticatech

after going through the whole case i can say that right now you should sit with your senior and make him understand your ideas explain him the benefit of implementing those ideas and on the other hand indirectly approach your top management and send your ideas and views to them also. If the ideas are really good and fruitful for the company i think they will follow you definitely.
From India, Bangalore
tripleR
dear all,

from the discussions, these kind of situations are evident in all the organizations. i am not from HR but i closely work with all all departments. my job involves decision making and tasking on a daily basis and boss over happens on a daily basis. i felt i was a joker and had nothing to do. this situation exists in all companies, be it small or big.

that was where i understood about interpersonal skills. you need to smartly interpret and act with seniors, peers and subordinates. 90% of any job in this world is all about dealing with people. remaining 10% is the knowledge you have and skillsets.

i decided to go on as per my boss and started slowly injecting my ideas one by one. believe me, everything is completely in my hands now. it took about 1.5 yrs for it to happen. now, my boss doesnt interfere with me and he doesnt know on micro level activities. these micro level activities pave way for decision making at larger level and now he has recommended that i be given independent charge.

sairam: go on as how that problamatic person says. it is very difficult to make bend an old person. slowly start implementing your plans. strategize and keep updating your ideas till then. all you need is patience and determination and they will be if you are passionate on your plans and ideas. i am sure you will succeed. always
remember 90% of any job is how you deal with people. ALL THE BEST!!

do mail me if you need help on a micro level!

bhardwaj_ch1

First of all, keep reading articals of your field eg.HR and 2nd- findout about other activities in HR in your org. Simultaniously, attend an interivew for other good place where HR is well functioning.
Yesterday on 16/07/08 only I went for an intrw for HR ex. with HR IR responsibilities similar to existing:-P .
My appointment was at 1.30p.m FIXED and I reached before that. I was having a meeting with LIC Manager at 4.p.m. for Leave Enchashement scheme for my current org. when at3.15p.m. HR Lady did not came to me, I had called to Consultant to inform her that I am the onl,y candidate as she know then she came with moodless:icon7:
Interview went for 35minutes and finally I was asked in interivew, "what would be your profile??????????:confused:" Can you imagine what my situation till now???
In june2008, I was called for HR IR executivein big Retail industry name P...and during the intervw, I was told for Training HR Exec.:icon6:

From India, Ahmadabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.