No Tags Found!

monishapep@yahoo.com

Dear Sai,I feel ; there is lots of things for you to do in this company and keeping that aspect only you have accepted this offer so now do not look back and give your best so that people working in this organisation will feel th change and automatically you will get recognition.I feel; your superior is a person who wants to handle the whole kingdom on his own wish ans will so do not worry ...1st observe his behavior pattern you will slowly slowly catch his drawbacks or limitations.. and try to help him so that you will earn his trust...and then implement the way you want to polish this company...if still this doesn't work then as you said your management is good; so make thm aware of the situation and your incapability because of your superiors moody or split personality. Ask your management or sit with them and get to know your authorities; before going to attend such meeting be ready with your plans and future working which will help management to give a serious thought.Regards,Vaijayanti
From India, Mumbai
suhasking

1. Dont panic.
Things like this occur usually.
2. Make it a point to express yourself.
Your manager might not know the habits of other companies, get him aware...
3. Escalate if point 2 doesn't work
4. Find another job if all the above dont work. Remember you work for yourselves and have a right to stay content.

From India, Bangalore
krishna_k
This is very common . I think you should discuss with your boss and make him understand about today's trend and HR roll in an orgn. On your repeated discussion & suggestions, he may change. It is all about his insecurity which you can change by repeated suggestions and discussion.
regds
Krishna
Everonn

From India, Madras
Sanjeev.Himachali

I think there is a bit of ego clash between two of you. You have worked in good companies hence you feel that whatever you know or say is right and on the other hand there is this fellow who is with the organization since its inception and is also bit more experienced then you…and he feels that whatever he does is correct.

Remember few things:

1)It doesn’t matter what you know or have learned…important is, “What is in the interest of a company”?
2)No two companies are same and hence the needs and expectations of each company is different. They have different vision and different goals.
3)You cannot just recreate all the policies and processes that you have learned. You need to identify which process is required by the company.
4)At the end, you need to convince your reporting manager, how your processes and policies can help the company to generate more profit or save more money or how this can help in motivating and retaining employees.

Other than that everything is just theory and irrelevant.

I hope this will help.

Thanks and Regards
Sanjeev

From India, Mumbai
rajesh_annaunivmba

hi,
As i went through the case it is clear that politics prevailing in your organization is very high, i think the top management and your reporting head may have some good rapport personally, but at the same time i think its better to come out with some training pro grammes describing your quality policies, i may suggest that you may move further not by moving directly to the top management but an indirect approach that brings this issue to the top management ..All the Best...............

From India, Coimbatore
unusual_indu

Hi Srisairam

Greetings for the day!

I have gone through the entire thread andI appreciate the suggestions put forward by the fellow members of the Hr fraternity. I would just like to add a few points from my side

1.if you want to change a system you have to be a part of the system and then bring about a change.
2.I would not suggest you to escalate the problem to the higher management at this juncture of your career as you have just joined the organisation and you need to hang on for sometime and prove yourself so that management has enough confidence in you
3.The person to whom you are reporting is definitely feeling insecured and be sure that even he knows that you are qualified and capable and that is exactly the reason why he is keeping you away from the employees. But he is an senior employee of the company and he will also resist any change that you will try to bring in,so my advice to you is give him a picture that you are here to learn from him the tricks of the trade, and treat him like a teacher not a boss.I know its easier said than done,but once you gain his confidence you can put forward the changes you want to bring in.

All the best! and I hope my post makes sense to you.

From India, Pune
Shilpi_HR

Hi,
In my opinion in this situation you have only two options left with you:-
1) Sit with him, talk to him make him understand your position and role and whats his role, what time demands. Change is always resisted by senior employees so his bahavior is like this, now its upto you how you play a role of change manager.
2) approach your top mgt. stating your problem and how it can affect the organization. I am sure if its growing org. they will understand the importance of such issues.
You are in better position to take a call on what to do after scanning your environment. Take step accordingly.
Good luck.
Regards,
Shilpi

From India, New Delhi
mallikatr
As you have understood that your reporting head is not cooperative, you need to put down all the policies in the form of a manual an present it formally to the MD of the organization. During your interaction with him, be shrude to observe him in all aspects and his response. Also take his approval on the manual and then circulate it to all the employees. This would be your very first step of achievement.
Try and meet the management as frequently as possible. Your thoughts have to be put forward to your management. Attending weekly meetings etc and putting forward your ideas can bring about a positive change. Then the implementation would seem possible.
Think of yourself as a business partner. Take active part in staffing solutions, employee relations, bringing about teamwork and upward communication. Be assertive about all your actions and most importantly POSITIVE.
Wishing you all the very best.
Regards,

From India, Bangalore
Srisairamhr
Hi All,
I am so happy with the response I got from all my HR colleagues. I would like to thank all the members for their valuable suggestions. I believe that each stage of life gives us an opportunity to learn. As most of you suggested I will keep my cool and try my level best to contribute to the organization.
Regards,
Sai

From India, Secunderabad
sreedq

Hi,
Where ever u go you will find different problems. Problems are the lessions, which helps us to take next step of the career ladder. In my current organisation i too faced similar kind of problem. After some time i came to realise that by arguing we cant make that situation our favour. so for time being be obeay what ever he says. Once u realize that yes he has impressed with your work and got good faith, then start exartly what u want to do earlier.
Hope it may help

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.