No Tags Found!

Ashoknegidi

Dear All,
6 months back i was joined as HR-Executive with salary of 1.0 AM, previously the org not having HR-executive. now i feeling that i am working more than my salary but as per company norms there is no increment after 6 months. as per my concern i shown my abilities in terms of HR-Activities.
My boss is also is ready not give the increment.
now my problem is that i am not getting salary satisfaction.
Please anybody guide me on the same meanwhile can anybody send the gratuity calculations.
Regards
Ashok

From India, Hyderabad
saiconsult

Such issues do not have legal solutions. I do not think incrment in private sector is an annula ritual but is linked to performance.You need to negotiate your pay hike by skillfully presenting your case before the mangement and being a HR executive, you should be knowing this.
B.Saikumar
Hr & Labour Law advisor
Mumbai

From India, Mumbai
Ashoknegidi

Dear Saikumar,
I know that we do not have legal solutions. what i am feeling that i working more than my salary. i am asking you that your suggestion how to present my skills to get hike salary in front my HR-Department.
Regards,
Ashok

From India, Hyderabad
saiconsult

Mr.Ashok

What I understand is that you feel you are working harder than your salary deserves and thus needs to be paid more.This is no doubt your opinion about yourself. Is this really so? For this, you need to look at more factors dispassionately.An employee's right to pay hike depends up on various factors such as :

1) what is the role you are palying to secure orhganisational goals? Is it some routine kind of HR job you are doing? For example, doing some compilation job etc. You may be working hard in this role of routine kind but they may not have a direct bearing on the organisation.

2) How much value is being added by your role to the organisation?For example, have you worked on some thing that helped the organisation in custting costs etc.

3)Is there any reward system in your company? If there is no such system, then it is difficult to expect the company to reward a hard working employee. It can leave an employee only feeling hard. If there is such system, have you studied the system? If so, what kind of roles are being rewarded? does your role fit into such reward system? if not, have you taken any steps to change your role?

4) what is the pay package for your role in the market in similar industries as your's? have made any attempt to know?If you have made, is it higher or lower than your package?

You need to undertake such exercise befor eyou position yourself to bargain with the company for hike.

These are all some clues given to you at your request and the negitiation is to be done by you.

B.Saikumar

HR & Labour Law advisor

Mumbai

From India, Mumbai
Ashoknegidi

Dear Sai Kumar,
At the time of my interview one of HR-Department employee told me that below things,
1. Take care of only leave cards, attendance and recruitment.
You know i am take caring of 4 stores and warehouse (each store having 10 to 12 employees and warehouse having 46 employees),
You just have look into the what exactly i am handling in my present company.
1. Recruitment,
2. Attendance,
3. ESIC,
4. Compliance,
5. PT,
6. Payroll
I do agree the above roles will comes in the HR-Scope but the thing is i am handling 4 stores with Warehouse so its required traveling. Everyday i am doing travel more than 100KMs.
Now i do not have patience to travel.
You know the Showroom sales executives getting 9000/- PM.
Indeed i required hike and my boss well known that Ashok is doing work but he is not ready give hike.
Regards,
Ashok

From India, Hyderabad
saiconsult

Mr.Ashok

I understand that handling four stores is a quite a task.In my opinion, what you need to do is to seek an audience with your HR(or the authority who is competent to take a compensation decisions) at the time that is favourable to you.i.e at the time of appriasals or at nay time when you happen to come into contact with HR for any routine reviews. Go fully prepared with all details of your job profile and how yoour job adds value to the company .It means you need to explain that ---

1) how your present job profile has been gradually expanded but not your salary;

2) in similarly placed companies, there will be at least two HR executives for this kind of job and thus how you are saving costs to the company;

3) Show instances as to how you solved some HR problems that surfaced at some stores;

4) Show instances as to how you met deadlines in submitting your compliances

Collect all information that is strong for your case.

I also suggest that you should not, during your negotiation, show any sign that you depend on this job.For this you need to search for another job and keep it ready on hand so that you do not show signs of weekness while bargaining.

This apart, there are many retails like the Future group, the Tata group, Airtel,Unicellular, Unilever,Vodafone and many other brands in garment and other consumer durables to try your hand at. You will, with this experience, surely land in one of them. If your present company is not willing to consider any hike despite all the efforts, you made, it is not a place to cling to. Think of a prudent change but not take a blind plunge.It means start looking for a change while contnuing in the present job.

B.Saikumar

Mumbai

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.