SUNIL PADSALGI
Hi,
I think one must keep in mind the Principal of Natural Justice. This is because without giving an opportunity to the opposite person, how one can take a decision of termination. Issuing of Notices, Showcause, Charge Sheet and Warning is not a clerical job but its creation of proof against the person that you have given him the opportunity to put his say. Based on his say one can take a suitable decision.
We guys in HR are not only to hire and terminate people, but to understand, motivate, develop and retain them.
Therefore, before taking a decision of termination, one must look into the root cause of the issue.
Hope you will agree to my comment.
Thanks
Sunil

From India, Pune
fedrikhof

If the trainee refuses to communicate with you, fails or refuses to provide timely and appropriate medical information in case of sickness. Then you have to take needed action.
From India, Mangaluru
alewisguy
I agree with Vinod. The written contract between the Company and the Trainee should specifically state that where the tranee is absent for a particular period of time without permission/authorization, this constitutes abandonment of the job and is grounds for summary dismissal without recourse.
I have been managing trainees for several years now and sometimes trainees view their stint as an opportunity to "test out" other jobs while on their traineeship. The issue of commitment is also relevant here; if an individual behaves this way as a trainee, it is a clear indication of what is to come as a full-fledged employee.
Kind Regards
Angela.

From Trinidad and Tobago, Chaguanas
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.