Priyanka guleria
If we are terminating any employee and given 15 days notice period. So during notice period can we allow him to take leave for Diwali occasion?
From India, Pune
Kritarth Consulting

Availing Leave of Absent from Duty-whether during Notice Period Or otherwise- is subject to Sanction of Leave Applied for. If the Applicant has Leave due and the Exigencies of Work /Operations does not demand his/her presence, Leave is granted and availed.
Kritarth Team,

From India, Delhi
umakanthan53

Dear Priyanka,
Without prejudice to the reasons, the employee is under orders of termination and serving the notice period of 15 days at the end which his termination would be effective. Therefore, the entire notice period falls within his service in the establishment without affecting his employment benefits whether contractual or statutory. I think you will have no objection to the fact that leave is a statutory benefit of employment though its sanction might be a matter of discretion of the employer based on work exigencies,if any. Diwali, being a festival holiday, what would you achieve by insisting him to work on that day just because he is under notice period? Besides, you have to pay him extra wages and another day of holiday in substitution as per sec.18 of the Maharashtra Shops and Estts Act,2017, if it is applicable to your establishment.
Therefore, exercise your discretion.

From India, Salem
saiconsult

Does your establishment remain open on Diwali? is there no holiday for it? B.Saikumar
From India, Mumbai
Priyanka guleria
Hello,
Thank you so much for replying. I think my question was wrong. apart from Diwali holiday she has asked for 3 days more leaves . Diwali is on 7 and 8( Offical Holiday) she has asked for leave on 5,6 and 9. and his last day is on 14. so my concern is should be allow her for leave because this may affect on other employees.

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.