No Tags Found!

amritamaity
hi all, i’m doin mba n for summer project I need to develop "PERFROMANCE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM" for a company producing invertors, batteries and UPS. plzz help me out as to how to go about :?:
From India, Delhi
Ankita12
Hi,
For performance management system, first of all you need to know the system of that company.How are the jobs being done by people there. What is the criteria of target setting. Find out some good sites for appraisal formats . Check the number of people in blue collar and white collar. Is there any system prevalent. If yes then what and how is it being followed. What is the period on which this is done. If you need to develop a system go for check list method in case for blue collar people. you can get information from businessballs.com

From India, New Delhi
khyat

Performance management is the process of creating a work environment or setting in which people are enabled to perform to the best of their abilities. Performance management is a whole work system that begins when a job is defined as needed. It ends when an employee leaves your organization. Many writers and consultants are using the term “performance management” as a substitution for the traditional appraisal system. I encourage you to think of the term in this broader work system context. A performance management system includes the following actions.

Develop clear job descriptions.

Select appropriate people with an appropriate selection process.

Negotiate requirements and accomplishment-based performance standards, outcomes, and measures.

Provide effective orientation, education, and training.

Provide on-going coaching and feedback.

Conduct quarterly performance development discussions.

Design effective compensation and recognition systems that reward people for their contributions.

Provide promotional/career development opportunities for staff.

Assist with exit interviews to understand WHY valued employees leave the organization.

From India, Khopoli
amritamaity
hi ankita thkx for ur reply.it helped. cn u brief a little more bout the check-list method? regards amrita :)
From India, Delhi
pinki

hi i am enclosing one power point presentation that might help you sabita
From China
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: ppt performance_apperisal_213.ppt (119.0 KB, 956 views)

amritamaity
hi sabita thanks for the ppt. wat i actualy need is help on how to go about on my project.wat methodology to follow.plz help if anyone knows about that. waiting rgrds amrita
From India, Delhi
pinki

hi Ankita
i am to doing the same thing during my SIP. so my management have given me some idea that how i can i do this .
for e.g. if you want to do the performance measurement of a person in HR doing the selection and recruitment for him if you want to do the performance measurement first set the parameters of that job and then do the rating method and then compare it with standard parameters of that job and then you can decide that where that person stand and how he performs.
sabita

From China
bngosi
Hi, am new to this but here is my input. There are a numebr of key steps that one needs to follow in developing a system:

The first one typically is to conduct an institutional audit that will determine:

1 - The current status of performance management at the relevant organisation i.e. how is performance being managed, what are the tools, whether the organisation has a policy etc. It is also important to identify challenges and other issues in relation to the current processes

2 - Determine the level of readiness of the institution to implement any kind of performance management system i.e. culture, level of maturity of the oragnisation in terms of other systems e.g. strategic planning and HR information systems etc

3 - Determine best practice models based on industry specific research and other variables that you may determine

The next step is to then make recommendations with regards to how you will aproach the process of developing the new system. This may be based on a combination of your uinderstanding of the context of the organisation as well as best practice considerations. The focus should be on improving on current status.

The third step would be to actually go out and desing the new system. This will typically involve review/ development of a new policy, business process reengineering, the development of tools and templates to be used, the development of a system to colelcting and managing performance related data, the development of a framework for the automation of the system (if that is required) and other activities as may be deemed to be necessary. In most cases change management is a critical element of the design phase especially to negate cultural issues

The final step is the implementation of the system. It may actually be advisable that you pilot the system before roll out to the rest of the institution and to ensure buy-in, especially if the organisation has never had any system.

Beyond the implementation, you can make recommendations on monitoring as well as evaluation of the implementation of the system.

The most common methodology being used to develop and implement performance management systems is the Balanced Scorecard. There is a lot of material on the Balanced Scorecard.

I hope this helps!

Regards

Bernard Ngosi

Director

The Value Creation Team

South Africa

amritamaity
hi Mr Bernard Ngosi this info is goin to help me a lot. thanks for such valuable info. i’m alredy in the process of reviewing the old system again thanks a lo........t regards Amrita
From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.