tsramamurali
Hello, can any body suggest, if i applied leave on friday, as saturday and sunday was holiday, so now how many days is my leave......and similar illustrations, explain with examples........
From India, Bangalore
welcomeumesh

Hi
It's little bit confusing whether you were on leave on Fri. and Sat. or you applied for leave on sunday. BTW, Please read this.
In case of Casual Leave
- Saturday+Sunday+Monday = 02 days leave
- Friday+Gazetted Holiday+Saturday = 02 days leave
In case of Earned Leave
- Saturday+Sunday+Monday = 03 days leave
- Friday+Gazetted Holiday+Saturday = 03 days leave
warm regards,
Umesh Chaudhary
(welcomeumesh@yahoo.com)

From India, Delhi
PriyaNair

Hi,
Plz tell me if an employee who is on probation & wherein he is not entitled for any leaves; takes leave on Friday & Monday (Saturday & Sunday weekly off) how many days he will be LWP (leave without pay). Will it be 2 days or 4 days.
Regards
Priya

From India, Mumbai
Ranganathan V

Any Leave will be coverned by the Companies Leave policy.
If you company is considering Sat & Sun as working days if a person applies any kind of Leave on Fri and Monday.
Other wise only Friday can be a leave... and not 2 days.
Regards

From India
skmoudgal
Dear Mr. Umesh Choudhary,
I extend you my gartitudes to you for providing information about the leave policy, but I have one more query i.e. Is there any law ? if yes under which act the leave rules are being formulated ?
Thanks.
S. K. Moudgal

From India, Delhi
lavena_dsouza

Dear Umesh,
Example:
Saturday and Sunday - Weekly Off in a Office
Now if the employee takes a leave on Friday then only the friday leave is deducted. Similarly if he takes on Monday leave then only Monday is considered as leave.
But if he has taken leave on Friday AND on Monday then Saturday & Sunday will be counted as leave and not weekly off.
In short you have to be present either on Monday or on Friday. This is the rule which is followed by most of the corporates.
While few others change their policy. As most of the employees takes leave either on Friday or Monday so they deduct the Saturday or Sunday respectively or both the days.
It depends on your company policy !!!
Best Regards,
Tina

From India, Mumbai
welcomeumesh

Dear Tina and others,
We are not talking about your company or my company here, every company has different standing orders / operating systems & policies etc. but none of these companies cannot avoid the compliance.
Whatever answer I have given in my last post is as per the Central Government rules.
Also, the leave cases differ in different leaves, i.e. casual leave, earned leave etc.
I hope it's clear.
warm regards,
Umesh Chaudhary
(welcomeumesh@yahoo.com)

From India, Delhi
welcomeumesh

Hi,
Please also consider the following examples manning in most of the Indian Giants and MNCs where they do not differ between CL and PL:-
Weekly Off ! Paid Holiday ! Leave = Count leave as 1
Leave ! Paid Holiday ! Leave = Count leave as 3
Paid Holiday ! Leave ! Leave = Count leave as 2
Paid Holiday ! Weekly off ! Leave - Count leave as 1
warm regards,
Umesh Chaudhary
(welcomeumesh@yahoo.com)

From India, Delhi
Sunita Sarkar

Hi Umesh,
Well Umesh I agree with ur Leave rules which u have posted at last but I also agree the reply of Tina also bcoz in any case if you applie leave for friday and monday, and suppose saturday and sunday is ur weekly off then ur leave will count as 04 days leave. And ofcourse it is according to any companies policy.
Regards,
Sunita Sarkar

From India, Gurgaon
namal
Dear Umesh,
Learnt a lot from your comments and please explain what should be the procedure if a person applies leave for 15 days eg. from 1st of september to 15th of September. Do we need to calculate Sundays as leave?
(weekly day off is on Sunday)
On the other hand what are the necessary components which should be added in defining a leave policy for an organization?
Thanks
Namal

From Sri Lanka, Colombo
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.