jaleel123456
If his work only two days with your firm and he didn't like the atmosphere. You just accept his resignation and say goodbye to him only. No need to pay him anything, because he didn't finish his probationary period.
From Saudi Arabia, Riyadh
Shailesh Parikh_HR Pro

Hi there
I understand your concern is how to best conclude the episode. you have writeen what action cn be taken against him..no need to take any action against him, but definitely you need to tak an action for him.
Iunderstand he has compted the required joning formality and perhaps you have also doen necessary paper work to enroll him. From legal perspective I advise you to accept his resignation make full n Finle payment i,e pay him for the days he has attended the duty and issue him a relieving letter, this will put you in safer positon and you can avoid any unforseen adversity.
If you have any concern from "employees Egagement' aspect. there is no point about it since his decision is very hasty, abrupt and hence can be attributed to organiational issues...better do not bother about it.

From India, Mumbai
Bargie

Aren't you over complicating matters, despite non signing of the letter, he has resigned, he won't turn up for work and won't return. Do you really think holding the threat of non payment of ages fir a "couple" of days will matter. Chalk it up to experience some you win some you don't.
A contract of employment can only hold an employee so far. ll
Best of luck let it go!

From Australia, Marrickville
Dhanesh Kumar

Dear Neelam,
This is not a critical case for HR. If any employee is does not want to continue before his/her confirmation. We can't force him/her for continue. In such case you may just ask him leaving reason. If you can solve his issue this will be good for your orgnisation. Otherwise you have to accept his resignation and provide him his 2 - 3 days salary, If he wants.
Regards,
Sanjeev Gujjar
HR - Executive

From India, Gurgaon
Venky1342

Dear Neelam ji...
You / HR should have got him signed his appointment order on the day of joining. Since he has worked only 3/4 days that too without signing the appointment order / letter your company cannot claim even for the reason for his resignation. As long as he did not claim his salary for the worked days, you cannot any hold with him.
for any further quiries on this or any other matter, you may pl. mail me to my mail ID directly without any hesitation since we are one family. my mail id: venky1342@gmail.com
- regards - venkat -

From India, Bangalore
srinivasbhaskar

Its a HR / Management fault not issued letter of appointment... now cant do anything.. since he hasn’t signed any agreement/ TC with company.
From India, Bangalore
loginmiracle

Dear Neealm,
Wat was his position ? Did Ur firm pinned high hope on him ? was he indispensable to ur.firm? If no, then don't bother, he would have joined other employer who paid him more or he would have found your environment was not to his expectation. So, it's not worth to pursue the matter any further think of alternatives. This is my opinion.
kumar.s.

From India, Bangalore
varghesemathew

Ignore the case as it is not a million dollar issue.Do not pay his salary. VARGHESE MATHEW 09961266966
From India, Thiruvananthapuram
bmadhu
If the appointment letter is received by the employee, and acknowledged, then the employer would have hold on him. In your case the appointment letter is not received by the person and naturally you will not have his consent (in writing) to work in your concern. Literally there is no way to proceed against him.
Better and the Best is to look for a new competent person.

From India, Bangalore
PreetamDeshpande

Dear Member
As there is no signed document between the employee and the company, there is no need to waste your and managements time in taking action against a person who came only for 4 days in the company.
As you mentioned that you did not give him appointment letter to his as he would have discussed the terms and conditions with others, but that he could have done on the next day too or at any later day.
Take this as a learning experience and ensure that henceforth all new joinees are not only explained the terms and conditions but also an appointment letter is issued on day 1.
Regards
Preetam Deshpande

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.