No Tags Found!

yagniah

hai friend
either men or women employee is the same in the eye of employer and the discipline is the same. It should not spoil the work atmosphere of the Office.
Hence,
check your leave rules.
counsel her.
reject her leave.
make loss of pay.
issue show cause notice.
conduct enquiry.
award punishment according to your SOs.
yagniah K

From India, Hyderabad
K.Ravi

Hai one more point, you told the women employee is an old employee, and permanent one, what if your atrocities irritate her, and may be if she has good relations with top management of company, the top management may make life miserable for you, which may force you to quit the job.
Just one guessing,, So before terminating her, check
The rule of three says that whatever you do comes back to you with three times more the same that you did.

From India, Pune
VR Kadam

Hi Ravi,
Good View. It may be possible in practical. But Seema has to check this and decide.
About the Problem:
Talk to her personally for a while...as a friend...forgetting about the company, rules, bla bla bla....Go to her house, talk to her hubby, his parents (If there)..explain them the situation and listen to them...feel their problem...Think for a while that.. You are in the same position..think about those options (which you are going to implement on her) such that, what will be your reaction/situation, if your company impose them on you.
You try this...and definitely your problem will be get solved with no side effects.... This is my personal opinion... Rest all Up to You.
Regards
VR Kadam

From India, Mumbai
Sanjeev.Himachali

Well, the best way...as you yourself have suggested is to explain the situation to her and send her on early Maternity Leave. One and a-half years of experience in an organization is nothing...so you need to make her understand the losses that you are facing because of her regularly irregular attendance.
Regards

From India, Mumbai
valbooj

hello
seema
have a conselling with her, tell her about the company policies and then make her understand and give her maternity leaves or if needed include the coming years cl/sl/pl.
from praveen kumar

From India, Hyderabad
sykopi
in my opinion, the concerned should have a detailed talk with this lady and explain her the negative effects her behvior is leaving on the customers and work in general. moreover, am not sure to what extend you can practice forced leave kinda of a thing..? end of the day she has to take the maternity leave whatsoever, so talk to her in detail, have her attendance record in front of her...discuss the client feedback with her..and document it all with clear instructions what is expected from her.
From Pakistan, Karachi
rajanassociates

Dear
Please take the help of a lady counsellor.Try giving her paid leave for one month and follow up with a meeting with your Company Doctor. Also cover her medical costs, she will understand the issue. Law will not take care of Human Relations in this situation.
With Regards
V.Sounder Rajan
E-mail :

From India, Bangalore
Swetha D Kiran
Hi Seema,
One thing i cannot understand u said that her due date is in june and she is repeatedly taking leave from 6months here is the logic may be she is taking leave for some other purpose from that time its better to have a counsel with her and just see what happened exactly and y u haven't take the steps befeore 3months itself anyway just warn her for 2times and 3rd time i think u will have to take hard decision as a HR person we shouldn't encourage this kind of attitude from the employee.
Regards
Swetha

From India, Bangalore
K.Ravi

SEEMA,
It is high time that you act on some suggestion given by members and give the feedback of implementation.
Members will go on pouring suggestions, but what needs to be seen is that your objective is met or not.
Now you have got a variety of choices, act on it.
Atleast give your opinion that inspite of all this discussion, what you intend to do, there has to be some meaning to this post.

From India, Pune
seema_gmsdelhi

Dear All Members,
Thank you all for your valuable suggestions. After going through all the suggestions I discussed the problem with my colleague. she honestly admitted that she is taking too many leaves, which in turn is causing loss to the company.
When I had a detailed discussion with her she told me that her doctor suggested rest but due to some financial committments she is force to come to office.
Then we suggested her a midway that she can work from her home till the time her health doesn't allow to attend the office on regular basis.
She will be given a fixed percentage on whatever business she generates for the organization.
That way her interest can be maintained and at the same time organization will also not suffer any losses.
Once again thank you all.
regards
Seema Gupta

From India, Calicut
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.