No Tags Found!

Anonymous
Hi, Everyone. I have to start the meeting procedure in the organization. I am looking forward to knowing more ideas. Please suggest what points I can add.
From India, Noida
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

Are you from HR department or Technical Department ?

What is the purpose of meeting and why you want to initiate it ?

Depends on your role and responsibilities the Agenda of the meeting will vary. So please clarify.

From India, Madras
Srinath Sai Ram

Dear Member,
Before you decide to Conduct Meetings, increase your Knowledge in the areas you wish to Conduct meetings-Topic/Agenda, Formal Meeting/informal Meeting, Purpose of meeting, Target Group.
Give brief Introduction about your Position, Qualification, Skill Sets, about Organization for further input from other members.

From India, New Delhi
raghunath_bv

Hi

I'm glad to hear that you're looking for ideas to start the meeting procedure in the organization. It's always beneficial to gather input from others to ensure that the meetings are productive and efficient. One point that you can consider adding is setting clear objectives for each meeting. This will help keep the discussions focused and ensure that everyone is on the same page. Additionally, you may want to include a section for reviewing action items from previous meetings to track progress and hold team members accountable. Another important point to consider adding is establishing a clear agenda for each meeting, outlining the topics to be discussed and the expected outcomes. This will help keep the meetings organized and ensure that all necessary topics are covered. Lastly, it may be helpful to include a feedback mechanism to gather input from participants on how the meetings can be improved. This will demonstrate that you value the input of the team and are committed to making the meetings as effective as possible. I hope these suggestions are helpful as you start the meeting procedure in the organization. Good luck!

From India, Bangalore
raghunath_bv

Hi,
Below is a sample draft agenda for an organizational meeting. Adjust the details as per the specific needs and goals of your organization.

[Organization Name] Meeting Agenda

Date: [Insert Date]
Time: [Insert Time]

1. Welcome and Opening (5 minutes)

Greetings and Introduction
Purpose of the Meeting
Overview of Agenda
2. Roll Call and Attendance (5 minutes)

Call to Order
Attendance Check
3. Approval of Previous Meeting Minutes (10 minutes)

Review of Minutes from [Insert Date] Meeting
Motion to Approve/Amend Minutes
Vote
4. President's Report (15 minutes)

Highlights of Recent Achievements
Overview of Current Initiatives
Any Other Important Updates
5. Committee Reports (20 minutes)
a. [Committee Name 1]
- Update on Activities
- Issues or Challenges
- Action Items

b. [Committee Name 2]
- Update on Activities
- Issues or Challenges
- Action Items

6. Financial Report (15 minutes)

Presentation of Financial Statements
Budget Update
Questions and Discussion
7. Old Business (15 minutes)

Review of Action Items from Previous Meetings
Progress Updates
Resolution of Outstanding Issues
8. New Business (30 minutes)

Introduction of New Proposals or Initiatives
Discussion and Debate
Decision Making
9. Announcements (10 minutes)

Upcoming Events
Recognition of Achievements
Any Other General Announcements
10. Open Floor for Comments and Questions (15 minutes)
- Members' Input and Feedback
- Questions or Concerns from Attendees

11. Next Steps and Action Items (10 minutes)
- Recap of Decisions Made
- Assignment of Action Items
- Next Meeting Details

12. Closing and Adjournment (5 minutes)
- Thank You to Participants
- Next Meeting Date and Time
- Adjournment

Note: Adjust the time allocated for each agenda item based on the importance and complexity of the topics. Additionally, feel free to add or remove sections as needed for your organization's specific requirements.

From India, Bangalore
aussiejohn

Meetings waste an inordinate amount of people's time and destroy productivity.

Most people, - except lazy employees looking for easy ways to avoid work - absolutely hate meetings.

Start with those two well known facts of life, and work out exactly why you need to have a meeting.
- is there a specific reason?
- is it just going to be idle chit chat?
- what do you hope to achieve?
- how will you gain the attention of all attendees and keep them on task?
- how will you keep employees accountable for decisions made at the meeting?
- is it just a meeting to make someone look important and doing something?
- how will you stop attendees playing with their phones because the meeting is boring and time wasting?

I worked for 50 years of my life. If I had, say five rupees for every minute of my time that was wasted in meetings, I would be almost as rich as the Ambani brothers - and many members here on CiteHR could say the same thing.

The only productive meetings I ever attended were the ones I ran. People hated my meetings because I ran a very tight ship. Come to one meeting unprepared and you never made the same mistake again. I also held the meetings in a room with no tables and chairs. Everyone had to stand up. Focused the mind, and we finished quickly.

What can a meeting achieve that an internal Microsoft teams group can't? If your business is to be successful, you need your employees sitting at their desks doing real work, not in a meeting room satisfying someone's ego and quest for power.

Your choice, do your homework and do your organisation a favour by finding alternative and more productive communication methods.

From Australia, Melbourne
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.