vishal_dhruv

Dear seniors,
Pl help me to decide if we can change company's leave policy once made.
If there some changes we are willing to make in same, under what conditions we can do it and what should be the corresponding procedure?
pl try to help on this ASAP. Thanks.

From India, Delhi
Mahavir.Singh

Dear Vishal,
As per the company norms, We can change any policy any time and about the corresponding process, you can use the version for all the policies like abc policy Version 1.0.0 and now if you have a minor change you can update it as 1.1.0 and in a major change you can use 2.0.0 and then same you can communicate with all teams.

vishal_dhruv

Dear Sir,

Thanking you very much for answering this query.

Could you please further help to answer a few queries, mentioning hereunder:

Question 1-

Assume, in a company 5 days working system is there. Saturday and Sunday being weekly off.

Now take this calender period (Oct'11)- 1 (sat), 2 (sun), 3(mon), 4(tue), 5(wed), 6(Thurs), 7(fri), 8(sat), 9(sun), 10(mon- consider as National Holiday), 11(tue).

If an employee takes leave on 3rd and joins on 11th, how many leaves will be deducted in this condition?

Question 2-

Somewhere it was written as "National/Festival/declared/weekly off days can be prefixed and / or suffixed to CL". What does this mean and what are prefixed and suffixed?

I have gone through various post on this and even searched on google, but unable to understand it properly.

Sir,

Also would request you to visit this below mentioned link and give your valuable advice on same.

https://www.citehr.com/438485-regard...lculation.html

I would really appreciate your effort if you could spare some of your time on this and answer my queries.

Have good times!

From India, Delhi
anil.arora

Certainly you can make the changes if you required.
To make the changes you first have to understand or recognize the need of changes, have to discuss with seniors and the authorised people, so that, you can perform this task.
For example if you are an executive and feels like there are something needs to be changed or need development, you can directly grab these things that you have observe and discussion with your seniors and let them know why these changes are required here.
And if you are having power to make the changes yourself, than also needs to discuss the same with your team mates that also gonna give you more contrast on and specific reasons to make the changes or whatever required.
For further leave calculation, it would be better if you read the discussion for better understanding on the same at https://www.citehr.com/229129-nation...icability.html , https://www.citehr.com/378355-leave-...l-holiday.html
Best of Luck

From India, Gurgaon
Mahavir.Singh

Dear Vishal Please check the post of Anil, If still you have any question/query i will appreciate if you will share.

vishal_dhruv

Dear Sir,
Information provided above are really useful and also help me understanding the concept. However, there are still some doubts which I wish to share now:
I have understood that we cannot make deduction either from salary or from leave account of the employee for national holidays.
Doubts are as foll:
1st- still unable to get solution for question no. 1 stated above.pl note, I wish to be answered as per shops and establishment act.
2nd- Question no. 2 "suffix and prefix meaning and usage" yet to understand.
3rd- regarding PL calculation, I am yet to be answered.
Need your valuable help on this also.
:-!

From India, Delhi
vishal_dhruv

3rd- regarding PL calculation, I am yet to be answered. This query has been answered. U can also visit the above link to check the same. This is for your information purpose.
From India, Delhi
singhps21@indiatimes.com

Dear Vishal,

Few Senior have given their valuable inputs and I hope that will be of help to you to understand the things better.

Going by the same way I would like to add a few more points on the questions that you have mentioned in your last post. Also as you have mentioned that you would like to understand concepts in line with the Shops and Establishment Act so I will try to answer it accordingly which as per your location I am assuming to be Delhi (correct me if I am wrong).

However I personally feel that private organization work in the framework as suggested by the Acts and Laws but not every time everything can be strictly followed as per the act/law so that’s where organizations use their own discretion to implement and run day to day affairs while not largely deviating from the given framework.

Question -1

I guess it is one of the mot spoken about topic in this forum or even others and may be between employees and HR and a lot of views have been put on this. To the best of my knowledge and as per the inputs from my HR network I have seen it as a company specific decision. Some companies include any holiday /birthday-off/weekly-off as leave if they fall in continuous leaves taken by the employee WHEREAS some only take into consideration all days as leaves excluding the above mentioned days WHEREAS some companies take all the above mentioned days as leaves only if they exceed the pre-decided continuous leaves that one take as per the policy.

The Delhi Shop and Establishment mentions that a holiday should be paid but have not set a very clear guideline for the way it should be included in the continuous leaves. You can decide in consultation with your management which option you would like to formulate and implement in this regard.

Question 2.

Prefix & Suffix stands for a leave before and after another leave / holiday /weekly-off/birthday –off. For example as you mentioned in our Question no. 1 that the employee has taken a leave on 01-Oct-11, 02-Oct-11 and 03-Oct-11. Now as per the existing policy of the company 02-Oct-11 is a national holiday so if the person has taken leave on 01-Oct-11 as a prefix leave and again took another leave on 03-Oct-11 as a suffix leave then the company can take it as 3 day leave as it has a prefix of 01-Oct-11 and a suffix leaves of 03-Oct-11 having 02-Oct -11 in between and in contrast it can be considered as only 2 day leave i.e. only for 01-Oct and 03-Oct.

As you have mentioned that your 3rd query has been answered so I will not be writing more on it.

Hope this will help.

Thanks

Prashant

From India, Delhi
vishal_dhruv

Dear all,
It's truely very nice being enlightened by your valuable inputs and in all respect my questions/doubts have been cleared. Yes, I have been from Delhi and i am to formulate/make some correction in existing leave policy of the company so that both employees and employer could be benefited.
Thanking you once again for sharing your knowledge and experience with me and I wish you all the good wishes and fortune for this coming Deewali. Gold bless you all.

From India, Delhi
saiconsult

Vishal
Very useful inputs have been given by the members. One thing I would like to stae is that if the leave policy which you intend to change affect the employees covered by labour enactments, you need to ensure that the relevant is complied substantially.
B.Saikumar
HR & Labour Law Advsor
Mumbai

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.