Jiffy
Hi Navi,
No organization is going to tolerate any kind of misconduct from the employees end…esp when it comes to the integrity part. And don’t even think of dragging the company to court. You might end up getting into more messy situations. If your org has provided you with any exp letter then that’s it, make best use of it. Now you need to handle this situation with due diligence. And don’t even try to do this actions again ever in your life. All the best.

From India, Mumbai
chaitra_krishnaiah

Hi,
What has happened has happened and there is no use of worrying for the same. You are not the first one to face this type of situation in Corporate world. You must move on...
If you want to be honest and show your previous experience in your resume and tell the truth to the interviewer, there are very less chances of getting a job, bcos its very rare that people understand, analyse and give you another opportunity. My suggestion is not to show these 8 months of experience.... instead give a reason for the break, that you were enhancing your knowledge or you were helping your relative in some business or you took a break due to some commitments or something else.
However its you who need to face the truth, its you who need to decide. Do not think negative, feed your subconscious mind that you will get on to a good company.
Good luck,

From India, Bangalore
balaji rao03

i beleive you shud tell the truth along with your realisation. the leeson you learnt . it's not very serious in govt context . but mnc's do consider seriously. hiding will invite more problems. you cant afford to hide your xp, just say you worked there and no exp letter as terminated. regret the incident in the interview. the credential enquiry will be there . so you shud tell the truth. if the company considers ur exp, may give a cahnce. but be sure, if they give a chance you r under scanner for sometime. for ur earlier deeds.
From India, Madras
Prithvi Pal Singh

Dear Navi,
You can ask for the work experience certificate from the bank. Let us wish that they do not write bad about you for all the good work you had done there before. Depending upon the contents of the letter you may think of deleting the experience from your CV.
Sincerely,
Prithvi Pal

From India, Mumbai
lesline
HEY NAVI,
be honest as it deals with intergrity issue. Let the by gones be by gones, get a hold on your future and move on. The interviewer might really offer u a chance if u are honest as he/she might feel that if u weren't filled with remorse you wouldn;t have mentioned it. Go ahead with mentioning the experience and actually mention or give away details as having been immature. Accept and repent,its mature and good for the company u wish or hope to be working with.
Regards
Lesline pinto

From India, Mumbai
adsss

If you are Appling in the same industry, you should show your experience. As on field some or other day someone will meet you with raised eye brows
From India, Bangalore
Ash Mathew

Hi Navi,

I dont think that disclosing the reason for termination would help.

Neither if you provide details of previous company will help - becasue reference checks will lead to a bad experience. So - Please do not mention about the previous employer (This is also dangerous - because in case someone gets to know about this later - you will be in the bad books once again)

So by completely depending on luck at this point, lets not disclose anything about your previous employer. If possible, try working oyt of a different location. Keep all the basics in your mind (not basics of what you have learnt but what you haev experiences) Never give in to any such temptations in future. Its a common mistake for a common man...try coming out of such tendencies in future.

I am sure you would never resort to such acts in future.

And as I mentioned earlier, try moving out of your current city. Keep the reason of being jobless as - not having an opportunity relevant to your education, and the recession taking a cut on recruitments, you did not want to force yourself to push into "Any job". Also let the prospective employer know that you are pursuing extra crash courses side by side (Pls apply for one! - can be anything related to your education- be it even a web designing course that can enhance your presentation skills)

Give references from your college professors or people you know in your professional circle, who can give a good refernce for you - make sure they are high profile people.

Hey - great you admitted that you went wrong somewhere. Had I been in your place - I would have not had to the Guts to accept my mistake and seek help to come out of this.

The fear and guilt would have killed me.

Good Luck!

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.