samskriti.rakesh
sohini...try looking out for a replacement without informing her, then give her notice and terminate her, she will automatically come to track with her next organization
From India
techybiz
Dear Ms. Sohini,
I agree with what Ravi has suggested. She definitely is having some personal problem which is affecting her professional life. Though HR people can try to understand a little bit of whats the personal problems, since the employee is of this type it is not advisable. So what I suggest is prepare a letter detailing the issues and send it to her with a copy to her higher-ups and the CEO/MD. Ask her to give an explanation in writing within a stipulated time frame(max 48hrs). If she is doesn't respond to it, take the next action, ie terminate her. A company cannot work with people like these. These kind of attitude of an employee will affect others also.
All the best
Sudheer Menon

From India, Kochi
HR Madam

Hi Sohini,
The best thing is that she is a trainee not a permanent employee of your organization yet.Certain conditions should be there for every trainee to be a permanent employee like 6 months of performance review ,approval from team lead / management,achieving certain targets etc.
As a trainee if she is not fulfilling any criteria then better to give a warning letter and mention also during training period if she wont be up to the expection,then company has the right to terminate the service of the trainee without any notice period.
If you dont have any kind of policy like that in your organisation then better to make coz later even you can face such situation.
Pls let me know if this advice was useful for you or not. The positive thing with in you is you are calm ...always maintain it & take action only basing upon your company policy.
Regards
HR Madam

From India, Hyderabad
Nishi Jha

Yaah Vidya,

I agree with you, Sohini should try and develop a friendly relationship with her with due regards to her. Sohini should also mention that "this was not her behaviour earlier; there must be some reason for this kind of behaviour and that Sohini would like to understand and be with her if there is anything bothoring her (may be Sohini can softly ask any problems with colleagues, peers, team lead, environment, personal, parents, any close friend (don't specify boy friend, she may get offensive). Also don't push her so much, give her some time to open up (you may tell her if she is not ready to discuss right away you may invite her for a special coffee or a lunch meeting outside the office. If you feel the reason is genuine, you may accordingly deal with it by extending some relaxation till the time her situation is normal (must specify a date for relaxation). If she is taking an advantage of being alone handling any project then by the above method buy in some time and look for a substitute softly, may be from within the office or may be from outside. You may also reason it out that you are trying to help her with her work along with problem she is facing and induct another person into her project slowly. If she is smart she would immediately understand and would start behaving properly. You never know she may leave you or negotiate her compensation at the point when delivery of your project is critical. To avoid this situation i feel above should be the corrective method.

Best wishes.
Nishi:)
Senior Manager - HR

From India, New Delhi
nikusingh
1. Check her track record ( performance) and her quality of work... if no then there is no question.. .give her "peace of mind " in case she is new then involve her in conversation and counsel her about ur org practices in a friendly but assertive manner.

2. If she is a good performer then she needs more work; as she is smart and able to complete all assignments in time with quality. Give her counseling on new initatives to improve the dept / function or any other area.

But don't entertain any indiscipline..this will detoriate org/team culture..

From India, Delhi
jharajendranath
Dear Sohini
Thanks for sharing your problem. Myself working in HRD for last two years in retailing.If that girl donot want to follow the policy you have the right to take corrective action.First give her warning letter.Also I would like to suggest you to give one assistant to her project.So that if you are terminating her services your project will not get suffer.Please keep in mind that you have to act normally for few days and then terminate her with immediate effect.

ashfaqb

Hi,
Taking into consideration that you are a Sr. Manager, talking to the concerned employee is the 1st thing that one would do.
It looks like this person has some personal issue due to which she is having to come up with a few standard excuses. The very fact that she is not taking your calls etc, puts enough light on the matter. It is very apparent that this person is either not interested in her job or has a serious problem reporting to authority. She has absolutely no business in walking out of your cabin while she is being reprimanded.
I would suggest you give one last try at talking to her. In case, this attitude of hers persists, its best to bid adieu to such bad apples. It does not take time for otheres to start following the same leading to the problem at a much larger scale.
Regards
Ashfaq

From India, Pune
venkyp166
Dear Friend,This is venkatesh having 9 yrs of exp in HR field. You can tackle the problem in the following way:1) Call her nicely talk to her and try to know the reason why is she doing so. Whether she is doing it purposely OR genuine reason. Then if it is purposely give her verbal warning. If it is genuine give her some time to get it over from it.2) Then also she is not improving then give a stern warning and tell even after this she doesnt improve then some disciplinary action will be taken. But you should be precautious by hiring somebody junior to her OR same level so that if she leaves OR relieved then you have somebody to take care of the project as the work should not suffer.3) Then ones the new person comes and after that too she is not improving then give her in writing that based on ur misbehaviour she will be relieved within a month..during this she has to look out for a job and company will support you for the same.I think i have solved ur problem. Even then if you want to discuss kindly call me on 9892245585Venkatesh. PBye
From India, Mumbai
Wajiha Hassan

you should talk to her in a friendly way. and let her know about the comapany policies.
other wise you have o take decision as per comapny policies as this behaviour of hers will effect environment of the organization. tomorrow other employees will follow her foot steps.
if she gives you a geniune reason then you can make an exception to some extent......

From Pakistan
hsankararaman
Dear Sohini Roy,

As Mr.Ravi Said, we are all Human Beings. Right! Very Right!

But here, 100% I will not agree with the wordings of Mr. Ravi.

" Better mind your work and leave her alone, let her take leaves, if leaves are over, make it LOP, but dont terminate till she resigns.. Because we are humans, hope the same from you all."

Sir, the Company assigned you the work of Senior Manager-HR. Your Work is to ensure Better Human Relations, that too only for sake of and for the benefit of the Company. Your prima facie duty is to work for the Company which is giving you bread and butter. Sir, You are exactly doing your Job and minding Your Work Only!

You talked to her in a freindly way. Made Conversations! Asked her Problems! Make her to understand the Value of System, Punctuality and the Career. What more else a Senior Manager can do than this? I believe, u cannot correct any employee or anybody unless otherwise they wish to correct or change themselves by understanding. "One's realization must come from inside".

What is the mannerism of a lady (in fact a trainee), who disconnects a call of a Senior Manager purposively, who walks out of the office during the Office hours without any intimation, who is arguing with a Senior Manager. (Your Statement : she kept on argueing, accusing me bt i was so calm...)

I think Mr. Sohini, you are the person very good at heart. How it is possible for a man to help and solve someone's personal problems even by taking your own personal efforts, if she doesn't want to open to tell her personal problem to you. Solving Personal problems is not part of your job and no one can compel you to do that and it is done only by considering the benefit of the Organization.

Every human being must realize the Great Sayings: " Work is Worship, Duty is Divinity". Atleast for the sake of money, that is if she gives importance to money, she will definitely come to the job on time and do the work. It seems like that the money given by the Comapny is also not important for her.

Discipline is the Utmost Important thing required from a Disciple. That is the absolute necessity of a Trainee. There are so many other people may be working in your organization, including your boss. All are Human Beings! Everybody got their own Personal problems. If everybody starts indisciplined behaviour, what is the fate of the Organization! We are running an Organization.

Assigning Personal problems as attributing cause for indiscipline is a not an acceptable thing for anybody, including your boss.

If your boss didn't give or delayed one month salary to the employees by attributing his personal problem, whether all employees will accept this as a cause and continue to do the same quality and kind of work. No! Work performance should have definitely come down!

Discipline is required to give the Salary to employees on time from the employer. The same fashion, the employee also required to be present and work at the disciplined scheduled time.

Three or Four day delays in a month - Ok. Leave it! But continuous Practice, is it good for the Person who is doing? Is it good for the organization? Is it good HR Practice even on the Part of the Senior Manager to allow freedom to one Person coming delayed presence in the office everyday?

I suggest to take some disciplinary action gainst this lady by DULY CONSIDERING THE BENEFIT OF THE PROJECT AND THE ORGANIZATION. This is my personal Suggestion.

My Email ID :

Thanks & Regards,
hsankararaman

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.