No Tags Found!

hopegovind

Hi,

Training is an integral part of human resources function and many of us HR professional really want to enter into the field of training. However, becoming a trainer is not a cakewalk. You should possess excellent communication skills, excellent presentation skills and wider knowledge. With this you should also have patience, highly focused. Alongwith this you should also know how to handle different function of training perfectly.

I often come across the advertisement that Train the Trainer programme in 1 days, 2 days, 3 days etc. (I prefer not to take name of such institutes)

Ridiculous. I do not believe that in one or 2 days you can be a trainer. It takes years to gather the knowledge and to train on how to delivery the training it requires good amount of training.

Today while doing researching come across through IGNOU's train the trainer programme.

When I went through duration and schedule, I found it worth. I suggest this one over other advertised train the trainer programme.

Please find more details from

Speak HR- my HR blog based on my own experience: Train The Trainer Workshop

From India, Mumbai
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Govind,

I have gone through the link that you have provided. IGNOU is Govt organisation. You cannot compare it with some private organisation.

Secondly, IGNOU can have luxury of conducting training for 8 working days. This would be just impossible for business organisation.

Thirdly, I have gone through the objectives and contents. One surprising thing I noticed was that they have not mentioned anything on "Measurement of ROI on Training". In the objectives section, the third objective is "Using learning objectives to plan and evaluate a training project". But is this sufficient to measure ROI?

There is no mention on experiential learning also.

In my last five years into independent training, I found large number of training professionals are nothing but budget spenders. They lack competence in drafting objectives of the training programme on their own (of course without taking help of Google) or doing Cost Benefit Analysis of the training programme.

I would have liked this programme if they had given thrust on this. You may refer my following replies of previous posts on ROI on training:

https://www.citehr.com/336611-roi-ca...ml#post1552221

https://www.citehr.com/142403-totall...tml#post603026

#post620359

Ok...

Dinesh V Divekar

From India, Bangalore
hopegovind

Looking for Deewali celebration mail for announcing in your organisation?
This can be useful for you
Speak HR- my HR blog based on my own experience: Deepawali lunch/ party/ celebration mail format

From India, Mumbai
sunita meena

I am sharing Circular:-
All the Employees with their family are
Cordially Invited
For the Laxmi Pujan ceremony which has been planned to be held on
13th Nov, 2012 at 12:05 PM (Tuesday)
At our plant.
Wishing you all
“A HAPPY & PROSPEROUS DEEPAWALI”.
HR Department

From India, Indore
hopegovind

Friends,
The world is changing so business and career. Every career is dynamic and it is need of the hour to upgrade ourselves in certain aspects of qualification and knowledge.
As an individual what we can do and why should we do it?
I have written a detailed post on my blog, you may refer following link
Govind's blog for HRM, Business knowledge and career counselling based on experience: Why you must upgrade your qualification to safeguard your career

From India, Mumbai
Bruncha UAE

Safeguarding your career or upgrading your marketability in the labor market is about more than qualifications.
I do agree that seeking more in-depth knowledge and a more robust understanding of your discipline is beneficial. However, I am more concerned with the ability to apply knowledge and for it to translated into demonstrable skills sets.
We have all met highly educated people who when asked to perform, to deliver, fell short. Make sure you can "walk the talk."

From United Arab Emirates, Dubai
hopegovind

Hi Friends,

This is the first part in the series. After seeing so much scam and wrongdoings of the private universities like CMJ, MGU, EIILM, Jaipur National, Sikkim Manipal University and non university institutes like SCDL, Welingkar, NMIMS, I felt I should write about the state/ central and approved universities offering distance learning courses in India under different series. This is the first series of the post about distance learning institutes in Maharashtra. It provides information on name of the institutes, type of the institute- central university, state university or deemed university, courses on offer, whether distance / correspondence mode (with study material) or in external mode (no study materials), exam centres available and usual time of admission. In case if you have any query, please revert:

you can check the list from:

Simply Govind: Universities offering distance learning courses in India- Maharashtra

From India, Mumbai
hopegovind

Hello Friends,

Recently, the entire week we heard and read a lot about the case, Economic Times gave full coverage, version of Phaneesh Murthy, his background and his interview too.

I think it will be too early to come to any conclusion. We must stay neutral wait and watch.

The damage so far:

The damage so far

Phaneesh Murthy has to leave the job

He does not have a clear answer about this except saying that his only fault is he did not disclose about the "relationship" allowed as per the policy but need to disclose (In India as well as in US Polygamy and adultery is not allowed and may become one of the reason for divorce too, so if it meant to say physical relationship then I doubt having such clause in the company policy really help.

According to a US-based analyst who closely follows i-GATE, the company has lost one $200 million technology outsourcing contract they had recently won and is likely to lose another one of similar value.

idoti has cut its price target on iGate shares by $5 to $16, less than what the company was trading at before Murthy was fired. It has resulted into loss of the share holders and valuation of the company.

i-GATE is getting lot of negative publicity on social media and news paper. Few people are supporting Murthy and many abusing and cursing (and I do not know how many of the people cursing Murthy do not have lust for women ) There are big claims too like he was a womeniser, he is a victim, it was already known. Now look at one of the comments on online version of Times of India

His wife has known about this but ignored due to lack of proof. Now he himself has come out and said he was screwing around with Araceli Roiz. In iGate Fremont office, everyone used to be cautious about her because she was sleeping with this guy. There were instances when people were eased out because Roiz was not in favor of them. It's not last few months, but it's been over two years. He is trying all technicalities to describe this affair. Silly fellow. He was arrogant and sXRewed it up big. He sxrewed not only Roiz but also his wife, kids and ghe company. Everyone in the company knew from the beginning of the affair, including the HR head. HR head, Srini Kandula, in fact, protected Peenish Murky all thru past two years along with his peers like Sean Narayan and Sujit. I am still bewildered how his wife and kids take him. Look at his stupid statements above. He doesn't feel a bit of remorse about the damage he caused to so many people in the co and in the family.

Reference: iGate sacks CEO Phaneesh Murthy over sexual misconduct - The Times of India

6. People are pointing figure on other senior management as they have planned this (so the other top management are also gaining wrong popularity) and it also points out at Srinivas Kandula - Global HR head. Now I again wish to clarify, I am not sure the people commenting about all these on social media are how much truthful or know about them really- insider or outsider.

7. Bad reputation: The damage it at such an extent that the HR team need to tell people that they must not comment anything on social networking to stop further damage.

8. The lawsuit on i-GATE is expected and may go to billion dollars. It is very difficulty to prove such charges. If Araceli Roiz is claiming that she was forced for abortion and she is pregnant and the child belongs to Murthy- if DNA finger printing matches, then it may cause a lot of trouble to Murthy as well as to i-GATE.

Then the big question is what are we doing as an HR professional?

I have analysed and tried to give solution as per my understanding of the consequences

You may read it on following blog post

Govind's blog for HRM, Business knowledge and career counselling based on experience: Analysis of Phaneesh Murthy and similar other case, sexual harassment policy in the organisation and crisis management

From India, Mumbai
hopegovind

Hello Friends,

Welcome to Communikate. We, Deepa P. and Govind Sharma has initiated this blog. This is first introductory post of this blog. We felt that many people are struggling to enhance their communication and other soft skills. Both of us are from corporate background and has immense experience in human resources function. We have seen, observed and analysed human resources closely.

we feel there is a need for a dedicated blog for enhancing communication and soft skills. Here, we will not post any article or grammar rule, we will not tell you what is the grammar and structure rules. Here, we are the multiple authors apart from both of us. We believe nobody is perfect and everybody commit mistake. We are not the tutor here, rather we are participants.

In this blog, we will post a case. This can be a letter, can be an e-mail, a real business scenario and other authors will clarify it.

Thereafter, the reader of his blog will write their comments and questions.

We hope for your all love. Happy participatory and collaborative learning.

In this blog, we have started a new case study for discussion on effective communication to motivate employees. Please read, comment and share

<link no longer exists - removed>

From India, Mumbai
ACT

Hi
Congratulations on this specialized initiative. Your objective is clear, your method to attain your objective is focused and hopefully you will post innovative, interesting and informative material regularly. However I would caution you also proof read your own sharing for grammatical errors; I am sure if you re-read your post above you would notice a few glaring errors. This could be a cause of concern for the reader who may be distracted by the errors and possibly disillusioned about the contents of the blog.
All the same, I am sure you have your audience clearly identified and their needs appropriately analyzed so the challenge is to ensure qualitative content.
Best Wishes

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.