No Tags Found!

haritrips
Winners don't quit and Quitters don't win.
Let the duo decide first what are they...
Punishment for such an act should have been weighed in against their utility to the organisation and their perfermance.
Hope the matter gets resolved soon.

From India, Bhubaneswar
mahesh0001
Its not right punishment ...! They should not be Terminated. they should be given warning .. and this incident occured in cafeteria not while working in office.. since its their carrer problem..!
From India, Pune
ags030
Dear all....
Greetings..
i am really happy to have such a great forum... after going through all the replies, i can able to see mixed emotions,

*First lets assume that all the information given by mr.manikandan is true & 100%.
(because its people tendency to edit their version of information. Mr. Mani, don't take it personally)

*The incident occurred during the office hours.

*Though it happened in cafeteria, its not a public one, it owned & managed by the company and whatever happen there, would have an impact on the goodwill of the company.

Hence there is room for taking action against them.

Before taking action on the people who had committed faults/mistakes, the concerned authority must think and follow several procedure.

- It should be LEGALLY and ETHICALLY
- Grievance should be addressed, but Judged and Axed in the very beginning
- The purpose of the action is to maintain the healthy/peaceful working environment.
- It should not bring fear among the employees but prevent such thing in future
- No room for personnel bias.
- Before finalizing, it should be noted that whether it is a Fault or Offense. the first one done Unknowingly and the later done knowingly/intentionally i.e knowing the impact of what he is going to do.

- An offense can be punished by following the company/Govt. policies.. and a chance has to be given for one who committed.(Everyone may committed faults in the past. is there anyone who never committed any faults and never asked sorry?)

- if my son/daughter/brother/friend,etc.. did the same, what i will do?
- If i did, what i will expect from my superior?

All should be considered before coming to any conclusion.

And moreover "THE DOCTOR IS ONLY FOR THE SICK"

When everything going smooth, what is the NEED for a HR?
Is to terminate? that can be done by anyone when they find not suitable or find faults in them..

a HR is the one who finds the Human as "Resource" but not Material..he should be a balancing point between business and people. Nowadays, there there are many 'backbone-less' people bowing head for everything uttered by the Business/Company & calling themselves as a HR simply because they are being hired by the company for the Tag of HR or having HR CERTIFICATES by scoring in the exams with the memorized text book answers... It has to be practiced and the same has to felt by both employees and business as well.

*He has to guide the employees for the successful professional as well as personal life.

PLEASE have some consideration, Don't expect that as soon as they enter into job, they will behave professionally... because no child can run when they born. it needs some time and ups and downs..

"TRAIN LIKE A MOTHER WHEN THEY ARE IN DOWN & CARE LIKE A FATHER IN THEIR FAULTS"

Thanks.....for your Time...
also i would like to thank , Harsh Kumar Sharan, and many for their valuable suggestion and support for a member

abksatara,Babsi,Giridhar Alwar,ramamurthyn,and few... If you ware in that position, will you expect the same what you had said. ( i hope you are not thinking "I wont behave such a way, i am matured enough'. because life wont be same for everyone and every time). will you justify that getting a apology letter and using it for termination? isn't a cheap?, is he/she a HR?. he/she hadn't lied for getting that letter?. is it called DECORUM? will he/she resign for that LIE?

* For that Boy & Girl..
feel happy you are escaped from such a HR... and from the company which doesn't have a good labor welfare practices... and you have more supports in CiteHR...

if i hurt anybody by my words/deeds, I Am SORRY.... its my opinion and ready to change if it ware wrong or hurt anybody.

all young HR aspirants, pls spend as much as possible time in this forum and explore every discussion which will make you a perfect HR

Regards,
Gerard

From India, Madras
Raj Kumar Hansdah

Dear All

I have been following this thread with interest from the very day it was posted.

The fact that so many posts have poured in such a short period, indicates how interesting this issue is.

Our member Manikandan, who posted a thread the very next day of his joining CiteHR; has got all the HR pros hooked. The best part is : his designation has been listed as "Programmer" !! I think he knows how to "programme" the human minds - as such he should be in HR and not dealing with machines. This is seriously meant to be a compliment (and not a sarcastic comment).

Thanks Manikandan for this; a nice "Vikram and Vetaal" kind of story with a question and learning at the end; that is working like a charm. Dr. Devdutt Patnaik, the "Learning Guru" of Future Group would be proud of this.

Before I post my opinion, I have a question on an enitrely different matter, please do not look for any connections with the present issue.

Kindly excuse me for this "interruption", on this highly visible and MOST ACTIVE thread :
The notice period in a company is one month, by either side. An employee gives a notice on 20th Dec. to be relieved off on 19th January 2011.

Now the management instead decides to relieve him early, since he has already submitted his resignation. Moreover, his work is of confidential nature in strategic marketing and there is no point in continuing with him any further. Can the management relieve him within a week, without any notice pay for the remaining period.

Does this happen in your company ? Or, is it a popular practice ?

I am not interested in the legaliities at the moment; I just want to know whether it can be done.
I would be obliged, if I get members' opinion on this.

My response to the current issue is a bit longer; and I shall be posting it later.

Warm regards.

From India, Delhi
dnshinde2007
This seems to illogical decision by illiterate minds. This is simply against the basic principle of HRM, Human Resource management which must give an opportunity to every employee for the implementation, improvement of errors and eliminating mistake(s), if any. Since we were not present at the incidence, we can not decide the exact situation. But on humanity ground also, they both should be given a chance; May be last chance.
From India, Vadodara
oohey
they should have written the appology alone without mentioning the incident. from the management point of view, its the companies prestige problem if left careless then the culture will spread over which inturn will affect the entire climate of the organisation. but this kind of punishment is too much for the incident happened. instead the management would have suspended them for some time. mangement can also insist the ethical training to all of their workers.
Regards,
Rajiv

From India, Madras
virajgovekar

Dear Raj Kumar,
It can be done if necessary. Just pay the employee for the balance notice period and relieve him.
And, you could have easily started a new post rather than interrupting this one.
Regards,
Viraj

From India, Pune
shakti_krishnan
meet the management & ask them for a chance,The incident took place in Cafeteria & not in work place then HR do not have any right to take action.
From India, Hyderabad
rajasekar73217
Dear Members
Why the boy and girl told the truth to HR, they should have told "nothing happened" like that, then how HR can take a stupid decision like this. From this incident we should learn that "never speak truth to HR"
Regards
Rajasekar

From India, Coimbatore
virajgovekar

Dear Rajasekar,
Wrong advice, hope u not teaching the same to your kids.
The boy and girl did the right thing. They made a mistake and apologised.
Th HR dept. did the wrong thing, by terminating them and also not going as per the standing orders or as you would say follow the proper procedure.
Its good to be honest and straight forward.
Regards,
Viraj

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.