No Tags Found!

kkkaaarrrhick
Hai,
I gone through the above comments , My viewpoint is
1. why you want to terminate the employee for taking leave/ monthwise....for Management it is not wise to give importance to the absenteeism of good performer
If someone not agree -- please think practically nowadays 90% of employees not having discipline. But they show/act like they are very discipline guy.So this is minor issue leave as it is .
Also try to increase his target alone or give promotion to him . as he is a Good performer i think this is not to be very tough decision.I think it is the Win-win situation.
Dont see any problems in same view if we then you cant find best solution fro any problems..

From India, Madras
tulituli

hello radhika...
being a HR one should follow the rules and regulations, discipline of the company but again don't forget that you are a human resource manager. u r dealing with human being, it means u r suppose to control the body,mind&soul of every employees. if a human being is disobeying norms of company,he is playing with his own career. but again why one should play with career.
so before taking any actions against him, counselling of the employee is important. or it may so that he is doing it intenstionally to get rid of the company.

From India, Bhubaneswar
omsavy
Hi Radhika,
In my opinion terminating the services of a good performer is not the right solution. Finding a good performer is an uphill task. Discuss the matter with the employee, counsel him , arrange meeting with the top executives & ascertain the reason for such an behaviour . I am sure some better results will come.Try to adjust his weekends after discussing with the employee. If possible a visit to the employee place may be of great help to ascertain the reason of such an behaviour.Try to develop an personal rapportwith the employee.
Regards,
Om

From India, Lucknow
ranganathmagge
It appears he is having a un solvable problem or something he cannot tell anyone
for ex. he is living with his first wife for 25 days and 5 days with another at a different place. or
he has a illegal son or daughter at some other place
what to do .
1. find out his habits ,friends when he is on duty and find the most influential person who can talk to him
.2. you have to decide and describe his behaviour on duty.
3. give him a change of job where his eccentricity can be of no effect
4 send him on tour for 5 days/mnth and see his reaction.
5. put him on sales or marketing where his performace not attendance matters.
6 disciplinary action only if everything fails

From India, New Delhi
coolvarshney2006
Dear radhika
i am not agree with tina while that guy is achieving all the target which are set by the organization why should the organization teminate him(Notice period whatever). we can warn him if he is not follows the organisation`s rules then we will stop all the rewards or incentive.

From India, Ahmadabad
Uday Kodati

Hi Radhika,
Its very difficult in getting and retaining performers these days. Check out his whereabouts from his close pals and family members. Be a good mentor rahter than being a strict instructor like a solid rock.
See, if you have anything called work from home policy. If such type of things can help you in getting the results as the company needs.
Ultimately, all that is needed is the results and revenue. Act positively and make things on the right direction.
Thanks,
Uday Kodati

From India, Srikakulam
raj.x.kumar
Radhika,
Its wiser to loose one efficient resource but set the expectations clear for the rest.
From the case I understand you have already had discussions with the employee.
Else it might be not long before you see this as a practice.
- Raj

From India, Gurgaon
malir
Hi Radhika,
I understand the crux you are facing- on one hand he is violating Company dependability/leave policy and on other hand he is performing good and in return bringing more business to company. I would suggest to talk to employee first and see if you can compensate him like give him some time off so that he can sort out his things and come back seriously. Otherwise you cannot get away with it long and unfortunately you have to terminate him.
Regards,
Ali

From Pakistan, Islamabad
dabasnaresh

Radhika ji
his repeated conduct amounts to gross violation of standing orders/code of conduct pertaining to discipline which will in turn spoil the work environment. I to understand that there is a limit for us to peep our nose in some bodies personal problems.leaving apart his ability to meat the target,now it is your turn to review the strategy.
I suggest ,you must issue a final warning and start looking for a suitable replacement for him .By learning the situation going to turn seriously against him ,I am very much sure that he will repent and correct himself or it is high time for you to get rid of him.I think the time has come to leave indecisiveness aside and give him a knee jerk blow.He deserve to be in HOBSON CHOICE .
regards,
naresh

From India, New Delhi
zina varugis
RE: Case STudy
I tend to feel that since there is consistency in absentism, the employee either may be offering his services elsewhere for more income, or perhaps he or his family members may be ill and needing monthly medical treatment for which he needs to attend to the same, and is not free to openly discuss the same. He does not seem to be irresponsible. A confidential chat will definitely help. Sastry and RR have expressed sound views on this issue.
ZV

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.