I was working in a MNC for the past 4 year, suddenly they have schedule a meeting with manager and HR. They have told me that there is no room to improve your skill in current situation and we are not satisfied with your performance and you need to resign today in that case we can provide 3 months full salary and will consider normal exit with experience letter and all, If not they will terminate me and I will loose the benefit. There was no prior notice nor any PIP situation.
Also they stated that don't send any emails instead do resign in company portal mention the last day is today.

I have asked them why they need immediate termination despite i didn't do any violation against company policy, Harassment etc.

Please let me know what can i do here, and i dont want to go to court and spend time and money(Not financially stable to do)

From India, Kochi

If you have been provided with a appointment letter then you can approach the labor department with a written complaint. The other option is to approach the local police station with a written complaint. The local ward member / councilor can also be engaged in the matter. All this would buy time to stay in the current company till you get a better opportunity.
From India, Ernakulam

Hi Ramsit,
In situations like this, it's essential to consider your options carefully. Keep in mind that laws can vary depending on your location, and it's advisable to consult with a legal professional for advice tailored to your specific circumstances.

Here are a few general suggestions:

Review Employment Contract and Company Policies:
Check your employment contract and the company's policies to understand your rights and obligations. Pay attention to termination clauses and any mention of notice periods.

Document Everything:
Document all communications related to the situation, including the meeting with your manager and HR. This may be useful if you need to defend your position later.

Negotiate if Possible:
If you feel comfortable doing so, try to negotiate with your employer. Discuss the reasons for their dissatisfaction and explore if there's any room for improvement or if you can agree on better terms for your exit.

Seek Clarification:
Request specific details about why they are dissatisfied with your performance. Understanding their concerns might help you address them.
Seek Legal Advice:

Consult with a labour lawyer to understand your rights and options. They can provide guidance based on the employment laws in your jurisdiction.

Explore Internal Resources:
If your company has an internal grievance process or an ombudsman, consider reaching out to them for assistance.

Consider Resignation with Benefits:
If it's financially viable for you, consider accepting the resignation with the benefits offered, especially if the alternative is termination without those benefits.

From India, Bangalore

I agree with Mr. Raghunath. he has given a detailed reply taking into all possible aspects of your situation.
From India
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.