Business Mentor, Consultant And Trainer
Replies to your questions are as below:
1. Candidate commits for coming for interview as per their convenient time but do not turn up. Do not answer calls / mails.
This is happening because of job candidates approached appear to be non-serious. Needy job candidates never do this.
2. Candidate accepts the offer after their final interview, does the documentation formality but do not come on date of joining.
This is happening because candidates interviewed appear to be non-serious. They could be using offer letter from your company to trade-off with the existing employer. When the current employer increases the salary, they refuse to join.
3. Existing employees leave the company without resignation or serving notice period.
This is happening because of the misalignment of employees with the culture of the company. They are not mentally engaged. They are so fed up that hardly they bother to inform about their exit.
Earlier, I have given replies to the similar posts. You may click the following links to refer those replies:
At this stage, you need to focus on containing problem of employee attrition. If attrition comes down then your problem of recruitment will also come down. To contain attrition, you need to develop Employee Engagement Plan. Go through my following reply on this subject:
For further clarification, feel free to contact me.
23rd November 2016 From India, Bangalore
I have a feeling that the result you have drawn is because you dealing the Candidates have not been proper. Let us ask ourselves what really we looked for when went for interview during our younger days. I would try to list them down ....
1. How the company is as a prospective Employer. We would look forward is the Interviewer describing the Company, its business and the Promoters (with name), year of establishment and progress through time, present market for them, competitors and surely, titbits of their success story ...... Candidate's Assessment - Would the company match my dreams and ambitions?
2. What are the verticals and headed by whom, hired Employees or members of the Promoter's family. If the verticals are headed by hired employees, are they recruited afresh for the post or internally promoted? Candidate's Assessment - aspirations matching?
3. What are the vertical hierarchy? Candidate's Assessment - where does the post being interviewed for come and number of steps to the top. Does it match my career time frame?
4. Is the Company sketching a Career Path for me? If yes, how lucrative it is? At what pace would I progress?
5. Who is the person interviewing me and where does he fit into the hierarchy described? What responsibilities does he hold other than conducting interviews.
6 Who am I supposed to report? Is my reporting authority is interviewing me?
7. What all are expected of me and would their expectations extend justice to my Caliber?
8. What quantity/volume am I expected deliver? Can these expectation be expressed in Financial Terms. Candidate's Assessment - Is the company Business intensive or Employee Intensive?
9. Are they offering Leisure in between working hrs. for self development and fitness practice?
I feel the interviewer should start with this for the Candidate to assess and get confidence about the prospective offered before he is actually interviewed on the subject and may join if selected.
23rd November 2016 From India, Pune
Thanks for guiding me.
In regards of your reply , Point 1 - if candidates are not serious that why are they applying for the job.
- Why they do not turn up for joining as on DOJ. Please not that our offer letter do not contain the salary criteria.
It is mentioned in Appointment letter, which is issued after 1 month of joining.
- Also we have a Bond policy in our company then also employee leaves breaking the bond, without informing or serving the notice period.
- What could be done to reduce attrition ratio, considering all these points.
25th November 2016 From India, Ahmedabad
There is something amiss in your company. There cannot be smoke without fire. If candidates refuse to join and when they join, they do not stay long then it speaks about the organisation's culture or work environment of the company. Possibly, because of large number of exits, now lot of negative branding might have taken place. Please do not underestimate the power of the social media. News about unfair treatment or maltreatment to the employees go viral.
Your top "boss" needs to do introspection why people are not sticking. In a way, it is a failure of his leadership also. He is not a role model to this employees. They consider working in your company as "transit employment" or "stop-gap arrangement'. Sooner they get better opportunity, they just abandon your company and quit. They are not much concerned about the financial loss that may bring in its wake and for the sake of new employment they are ready to take this loss in their stride.
If you wish, you may call me on my mobile for further discussion. However, I need to talk to MD of your company. Unless he changes his mindset, nothing can change!
25th November 2016 From India, Bangalore
One of our employee refused to accept the PIP given to him. He is very arrogant and his way of communication, relationships with peers & colleagues also not good. I want to give him a show cause notice for the same. Can someone suggest a good format for the same
10th June 2017 From Qatar, Doha