aussiejohnComplete your Training Needs Analysis with the staff first. That will tell you what training is required for your organisation.
Just providing any training for your staff is an expensive business, so you need to get it right. The TNA will find out exactly what training is needed to fill gaps in knowledge etc.
We don't work for your organisation, so we cannot tell you what training is required for your staff.
From Australia, Melbourne
SAMILA LATADear All, good Afternoon...!!! I am working a Public Limited Company as HR Executive, I want to improve myself in Training & Development. Please help me to upgrade my skills. Thanks
From India, Mandi
aussiejohnYour first step is to take a course in Training and Development to learn all about it.
From Australia, Melbourne
AnonymousHi, Please advise some Training Programmes which we can organize in our Company from HR side. Also suggest Corporate Training companies in DEL/NCR.
From India, Chennai
rkn61You can get in touch with ISTD (Indian Society for Training & Development) which is a premier institution in India, in the field of Training & Development, as they can impart training programs, which can cater to your needs. Whether ISTD personnel can visit to your company premises and impart training - need to be explored (I am not sure). The address of the same is given below:-
B 23, Block B, Qutab Institutional Area, New Delhi, Delhi 110016
Similarly you can also contact NIPM New Delhi chapter for training program.
From India, Aizawl
In line with the discussion relating to the Training Programs for your Company kindly consider the below suggestions:
1. TRAINING SHOULD BE BASED ON NEED: The training intervention should be based on the Need analyzed specific to the skill gaps identified for each of the Talents
2. TRAINING SHOULD BE FOCUSED: The effort of Training should be focused to the target participant for any specific inputs through training interventions
3. TRAINING NEEDS INVESTMENT: Any training effort involves investment of money the scarce commodity. Hence spend the money meaningfully in the need based programs
4. TRAINING SHOULD HAVE IMPACT: Any training we do should have impact on the Skill, Behavior or on the Bottom line of the business - Profit, Customer Satisfaction, New Product, Quality of the product, Qualify of the Talent and skill sets, New Knowledge or for sharpening the skill sets and so on. Hence plan your training with what you want to achieve in mind as BEGIN WITH END IN MIND
5. TRAINING SHOULD BE WITH RIGHT AIDS: There may be hundreds of agencies but go for agencies or training firms that meets your requirement to the Need identified and capable of providing the required training needs after careful analysis.
Hence the suggested way forward is to :
- Decide the Training Needs Identification
- Map the Training needs for each of the Talent of your Organization
- Group the Training needs into different buckets - Technical, Skill, Behavioral, Leadership, Customer handling, Managerial, Business Skills and so on
- Decide the Key deliverables as a measure of outcome or impact you aim through training programs and document it
- Prioritize the Training Needs by simple rule - Business Impact programs : Immediate LIST - Cost Reduction : Immediate List, Market Promotion: Immediate List Value added to Customer : Immediate List and other generic programs in the second bucket etc
- Then identify the right agency or training firm which can meet your expected outcome
- There are so many agencies like ISTD, NIPM, IITS, IIMs and Administrative Staff College of India and organizations like CII can help you at the next phase. But begin with end in mind so that your efforts will be scientific and productive which will be appreciated and cherished by the stake holders.
From India, Chennai
abhay-pandeyDear Sir/ Ma'am
The training, which I used to conduct for my Company is Motivation and Sales Enforcement (External Faculty), Advanced Excel and Automation (Myself), Fire Safety and Emergency (Safety and Health Dept), Legal Awareness (From any Senior Lawyer)
From India, Nagpur
neh-kapTraining is a process. It depends on the processes present in the organization.
So, it depends on the kind of sector that you are dealing. Customize the training needs and then impart the training sessions.
Sourcing Trainers :
As far as sourcing of trainers is concerned again it is industry specific.
Following are the categories which can be aimed at :
Soft Skill, Functional, Behavioural.
Basis the above mentioned points figure out the training topics.
Warm Regards, Neha Kapoor
From India, Kanpur
HROneAs the pandemic has increased the dire need for reskilling and upskilling employees, is necessary to re-define training programmes for your employees. As an HR, after conducting a detailed survey and taking employees’ feedback, you must re-design the programmes in a way to achieve desired skills, manage change in professional life, and be prepared for the future of work.
Depending upon the work model- hybrid, permanent work from home, or any other- you should understand the needs and re-design programmes to increase employee engagement and encouragement. As an HR, it is your core responsibility to design programmes in a way to helps your employees and make them feel valued.
From India, Noida
John ChiangDear CiteHR Members,
The company recognizes that education increases employees' effectiveness on the job and helps him/her prepare for future advancement. So, the Company provides several training activities designed to further employee's general education and to help the employee develop his/her skills and abilities.
Most of the responsibility for an employee's on-the-job training lies with his/her supervisor who has been trained to help the employee set his/her goals and develop his/her full career potential. Additional training programs of a more formal nature are administered by the employee's department, as well as by the Training Section of the HR Department.
One of the most valuable ways in which the Company can assure the availability of staff to fill management vacancies is through our Management Training Program. Admission to the program is based on educational achievement, aptitude tests, prior experience plus - for current staff members - at least two years of full-time service. The timeframe for completion of the program is flexible - depending on the employee's performance and progress. if the employee is interested in this program and he/she would like to know if he/she is qualified to apply, please see the employee's supervisor.
In addition to all of our in-house training capabilities, the Company cooperates with some outside professional and educational institutions which provide seminars, conferences, and other courses of study to help further employees' education and training. The Training Section has more information about courses offered by outside organizations and the requirements for enrollment.
The Company is increasingly recognizing the pragmatic need for the continual development of the knowledge and skills of the employees as essential to organizational success and individual employee achievement. Job competence constantly interfaces with technological advances, economic change, employee advancement, and a host of other demands. As a result, management has come to have greater and greater expectations from the training and development function. The Company will provide education and training to all employees to ensure the continued availability of competent professional employees and to increase the efficiency of the employees' performance in their present job assignments guaranteeing the continuous growth of the organization in the current competitive business environment.
Training will receive the full commitment and support of top management, supervisory personnel, and the labor union. Top management must ensure that personnel and funding are adequate to provide the training programs needed by the Company to remain competitive and to meet the needs of the employees. Supervisors must be able to identify the specific training needs of their subordinates and assist them to acquire the knowledge and skills they need to succeed in their job assignments and to progress in their career fields. Labor Union must recognize the importance of training and encourage their members to take advantage of opportunities for training.
Training can solve a variety of manpower problems that militate against optimum productivity.
• Increase productivity
• Improve the quality of work and raise morale.
• Develop new skills, knowledge, understanding, and attitudes.
• Use correctly new tools, machines, processes, methods, or modifications thereof.
• Reduce waste, accidents, turnover, lateness, absenteeism, and other overhead costs.
• Implement new or changed policies or regulations.
• Fight obsolescence in skills, technologies, methods, products, markets, capital management, etc.
• Bring incumbents to that level of performance that meets the standard of performance for the job.
• Develop replacements, prepare people for advancement; improve manpower deployment, and ensure continuity of leadership.
• Ensure the survival and growth of the Company.
Best regards to you all,
From China, Shanghai