No Tags Found!

srikanth.kotaru
Hi All,
I Joined in a manufacturing company where the employee size is more than 3000 with 7 units across India, they are still following the traditional way of HR practices like here we called as Personnel Administration dept, there is no such HR in practice.
I have given a role to transform the personnel dept. to HRM, i have few ideas but little confusion in starting the things, requesting the experts to give suggestion on this.

Thanks and Regards
K Srikanth

From India, Hyderabad
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Srikanth Kotaru,

The challenge you are facing is common in many companies. The revenue growth does not keep pace with the growth of the HR Management practices. In fact, when the evolution of the personnel department to the HR department does not take place, it holds the growth of the company. However, the top leadership (or bosses) just look at the growth that took place but not the growth that could not happen. They live happily in a world of ignorance.

Now coming to the solution to your challenge. You need to do the audit of the "HR Management Practices". The word "audit" could mislead you. Therefore, let me clarify that:

a) It is not a process audit of the HR practices but a management audit.
b) It is not an audit of the HR Department done by customers, clients etc.

The audit of the HRM practices will lay a roadmap pr time-bound action plan for the transformation from the personnel department to HR.

Cavet: - For any transformation, you need to have a buy-in from the top leadership. Are they interested in the transformation? Because the transformation will demand additional budgetary allocation for the HR Department. Is the top leadership prepared for that? If the top leadership is conservative, then they prefer with status quo.

Earlier, I provided consulting services for the HRM Audit. Feel free to approach me for additional details.

My Past Replieson the same/similar topic: -

https://www.citehr.com/545449-hr-aud...ml#post2271308

https://www.citehr.com/624517-need-u...ml#post2456283

Thanks,

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.