Ramana Kumar
P & A Manager
Hr Adminstration
+3 Others

Thread Started by #gksadvance

Dear all,

I our construction company, The storekeeper have cheated us with 900 Ltr. diesel i.e. Rs. 38,000 approx. He signed all credit memos of Petrol Pump.

On 4th May he came and said to me that his father is very serious and he have to go to his house. I granted him a leave for the same.

After leaving him from our site, Petrol Pumps manager asked to us for diesel amount to pay. But in our records we find that there is big difference in diesel amount and quantity.

Now Petrol pump manager is asking for amount to pay as our authorize person i.e. signed the credit memos.

After Investigation we have find that both the petrol Pump's worker and our storekeeper have done that these things.

Now After calling the storekeeper serval times he refuse to come back again and said he has done that things with the help of petrol pump owner.

Now the petrol pump manager is asking for this fake amount and i can recover only 12,000/- rs from storekeeper salary.

Now I am so stressed???? What I Should do.

Please suggest me.



G K Sharma
11th June 2011 From India, Vadodara
please note, no legal action can be taken against storekeeper because you have signed all the receipt,the only way to recover the amount from his provident fund if he is a member and having 5 years of service.
Rajendra Singh
12th June 2011 From India, Delhi
lodge a Police Complaint...and hold the payment unless until the police investigation is over. you can check his reference given at time of appointment and take his help to sort out the matter finally hold his pending dues you can warn him for publication his name in local news paper in case of non cooperation.
13th June 2011 From India, Mumbai
It is a very interesting case.Police Investigation is an option but many times police does not cooperate. A legal letter can be sent to home and his parents/relatives can be informed about his deed.If he will look for another employment his reference check will conducted and then negative feedback can be provided.From Social pressure the money can be recovered.Also you can switch your petrol pump vendor and ensure proper checks so that it does not get repeated.We can only learn from such incidents.
Kumar Manoj
13th June 2011 From India, Mumbai
Mr. G. K. Sharma,

Take a following stapes

1) Make a police complaint immediately.
2) Issue a show cause notice
3) Suspend from the duties w.e.f.

Thanks & Regards,

Yogesh Kulkarni
Assistant Manager – HR
Krishidhan Seeds Pvt. Ltd.
+ 91 9890845553

14th June 2011 From India, Mumbai
Dear Sharma ,
Please check all the dues ( Bonus , Medical , LTA ) that your company has to pay to him . Still some more is pending from his side to pay , depending on the amount you can take decision . With immediate effect issue a termination letter mentioning the reason that he has betrayed the company.
Unless recovery amount is more no need to go for legal notice . Issue of Legal notice better rather approaching police department.
Go whichever is better option which doesn't gives more trouble to your company . Solve the issue in smooth way otherwise it back fires you . Your Management question you about your monitoring capabilities.
So take dicision wisely.
14th June 2011 From India, Hyderabad
Reply (Add What You Know) Start New Discussion

Cite.Co - is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors. Register Here and help by adding your inputs to this topic/query page.
Prime Sponsor: TALENTEDGE - Certification Courses for career growth from top institutes like IIM / XLRI direct to device (online digital learning)

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™