Sohail
My previous organization has sent me a statutory notice to invoke arbitration as i left the company by giving them a 10 days notice. Now they are asking me to pay 2 months notice with an interest of 18% till the amount has been settled. I have not signed any appointment letter to contract with them or agreed to any terms or conditions in writing. Is it something to worry about? Can they take this matter to the court?
From India, Mumbai
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

Primarily your act of leaving them with short notice is wrong. You should had served proper notice period. Hope you had handed over all company assets.

In the absence of appointment letter / contract of employment letter/ training agreement / Indemnity bond possibility of employee proceeding with legal action is remote. I presume it should be normal disciplinary proceeding from employer side to close the file. Just wait for the final termination letter before you join with new employer.

However be cautious.. nowadays some employers use other shortcuts to trap such absconded employees like employee absconded with company property and use other ways to pressurize.

From India, Madras
Sohail
Hi Ma'am, yes i have handed over all company assets, met all the team members handed over all files to the junior team member. I tried meeting the CEO he denied meeting me i met the CFO informed him he was rude and also sent me with a harsh good bye.
From India, Mumbai
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi, In that case nothing to worry.. But still it is always advisable get relieved amiably from any employer.
From India, Madras
raghunath_bv

Hi Sohail,

It is understandable that you are concerned about the situation with your previous organization. It is important to seek legal advice to fully understand your rights and obligations in this matter. Without a signed appointment letter or agreed terms and conditions, it may be worth exploring the validity of their claims. It is advisable to address this matter through legal counsel to ensure that your rights are protected. It is also possible that the matter could be taken to court, so it is crucial to seek professional guidance to navigate this situation effectively.

Thanks

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.