Mohana Murali
Hi,
I am working in an IT Professional service company as an IT (Recruiter) for past 1 year and now i wanna move on with Generalist HR Role. I want you all to suggest me whether to ask my senior management for an IJP or try out somewhere outside.
I got this Question arising in my mind coz my management told everybody once in a meet that they don't prefer people moving around internally in the organization, but now i wanna ask seniors suggestion whether i still go and ask my management reg. IJP or try elsewhere
PLEASE SUGGEST
Thanks & Regards
Murali

From India, Bangalore
suresh7sharma

Hi,
What is your experience in HR. If you have only one year of experience donot take decissions so fast. As such the generalist profile will be build in a year to two but it will take lots of experience to come to that level. First you prepare your self in terms of activities carried by HR generalist and do some home work. See what all activities are being carried in your company. Carryout a comparative analysis and after some time if you feel comfortable then you plan your move. See most of the time you will find that generalist role is preferred by few companies only and mostly at top management level.
Suresh

From India, Jaipur
P.V.ETHIRAJULU
Dear Mr.Murali,

Welcome to HR community. Prefereing an HR manager job is a first step towards going for real administrative position. You cannot administrate or coach MACHINERY OR PLANT. but you can administrate human resource in the right way for the benefit of the employeer and employee.

The first qualification to become an HR man is to obtain a basic degree in HR and second important quality is being a nice human being. Your job is not only to punich the offender but help the helpless and ignorant to come up in life.

your roll should be a kind of benevelent rular who rule the subject with human touch.

When you decide to become an HR man do not bother about the policy of your company, first you upgrade your qualification for the post and make deep study about the present structure of your HR department go with some idea which really interesting and usefull to your management and ask for a position in HR Department.

If they refuse by citing their company policy do not loose heart try else where and get the job of your preference. Because you will shine only when you land up in your chosen field. your creativity will increase and chances of excelling in your field is more.

A dead man never move where as a man with life has to move. ACTION IS PRAYER.

best wishes

P.V.Ethirajulu

Mohana Murali
Hi
Thanks Suresh & Ethirajulu for your help
Actually i am not trying for any HR Manager post or so i just wanna try in for a HR Generalist post, i had previous experience into operations where i was handling training even for 2 years and now into recruitment for past 1 year, thats the reason i thought this is would be feasible time for me to move ahead as generalist HR, i am preparing myself in all the aspects of a generalist HR.
I Have done my MBA (HR)
Ethiraj should i study the structure of the company management or the structure according to the departments.
Please suggest me
Thanks & Regards
Murali

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.