No Tags Found!

Anonymous
Hi, I have resigned from my current company 12 days back and As per the notice period of 90 days that my relieving date would be 18 Jul however my supervisor rejected my resignation by today. Can I still leave the company by 18 Jul or my resignation notice period is canceled? Please guide As I have to join a new company within the timeframe.
From India, Aurangabad
umakanthan53

Dear Jeet,

No employer has the prerogative to outrightly reject the resignation of an employee unless any disciplinary proceedings against him is in progress or pending final orders. Moreover, your narrative indicates either poor drafting or the so called supervisor's alleged rejection of your resignation is beyond his authority as he is expected only to submit the resignation letter with his own remarks to the employer/CEO of the organization.

From India, Salem
Dinesh Divekar

Dear member,

How many employees work in your company? If not supervisor then to whom else you could have submitted your letter of resignation? This supervisor works to whom? Did you approach the superior authority of the supervisor? If yes then what did he/she say?

I recommend you hand over the photocopy of the letter from the supervisor along with the original copy of the resignation letter to the HR Department. Tell them that routing all the applications through the supervisor is just an office protocol. However, the supervisor does not have any authority to turn down the application.

If the HR professional also does not accept the letter of resignation then tell them that you will be forced to send the letter by Speed Post. The date of the resignation will remain valid.

Thanks,

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
PRABHAT RANJAN MOHANTY

The supervisor is not an authority to reject the resignation. You send the resignation to the head of your company. No one force you to work against your will.

The members of this forum will suggest good on terms of your appointment, if possible share your appointment letter.

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.