No Tags Found!

anusha-das
Hello All, I base in Mumbai. I started my career with a reputed manufacturer - exporter company in HR-Admin Dept; wherein my role was to:
 Posting Job Openings on portals as per approved requests received from HR Head
 Assisted HR Manager with Interview schedules, coordinating with candidate, managing the related paper work.
 Maintaining Attendance Muster
 Completing paper work related to joining formalities - form filling of new employee, printing & handing over of offer/appt letters etc.
After 2 years of working in HR, they shifted me to Export Mktg. Dept as back office, where I gradually learned & grew career wise. I left that company in 2017 from Export-Mktg Dept. and joined my current company in Mktg Dept. (its a small company with 180- 200 employees).
Now since last 1.2 years I have been handling all HR related activities of this company.
My question is can I choose HR Generalist as a career with this 2+ years of total experience in handling HR activities. My total experience if of 12 years - is career switch a good option. Will switching to HR get me decent job offers or will my mix-match work profile prove to be a hindrance?
Kindly advise me.
Thanks in advance for your valuable time & suggestions.

From India, Mumbai
Dinesh Divekar

Dear friend,
You have alternated your career between export marketing and HR. Therefore, the question is not of the switch but career growth. Since not many of us know much about the export industry, nothing substantive can be said as such.
In general terms, export marketing has better career opportunities than HR. Of course, it is layman's opinion. However, nothing wrong to continue in HR provided you feel that your current company is good and they can provide you with the career opportunities. But once decided to remain in HR, then I recommend you to be there. After 12 years of service, you cannot have one-foot-here-and-one-foot-there situation (तळ्यात-मळ्यात in Marathi).
Thanks,
Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.