No Tags Found!

Dinesh Divekar

Dear members,
A survey report on employee engagement has been published in Business Standard dated July 12, 2018. Click the following link to refer it:
I love my job, but I'll still quit if I can, says 1 of 4 employees in study
Comments: - The survey report shows that employee engagement fails to contain attrition. A contrasting situation exists wherein engaged employees are ready to quit if they get better opportunity. Therefore, a question arises as to whether HRs, who are obsessed with employee engagement, should they be investing their time and energy in this activity. Or is it that HRs should invest their time and energy in engagement activities at least they are with them. Otherwise, if employee engagement activities are stopped they may get disengaged and even there could be more attrition! So what is the truth?
HR professionals may provide their valuable opinions after reading the survey report.
Thanks,
Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
nathrao

""Lookout for more competitive compensation, linkage of rewards with performance and career advancement.""
These desires of employees are not in the hands of HR.
HR can try and keep employees engaged and happy, but at the end of it they cannot do much if qualified and capable employees feel they can do better somewhere else and exit.
What HR can probably do is to plan succession in case key employees leave, focus on training aspect so that exit of key employee does not hamper the organisation.
HR should focus on recruitment strategy so as to ensure a steady flow of new employees from time to time, while keeping eye out on knowing the salary levels for various jobs in the market and to ensure a just system of rewards.
The wandering mind of human beings, dissatisfaction with remaining in one job/place is always to be kept in mind.

From India, Pune
KK!HR

Though it may appear to be oxymoron, yet from my experience, the header from Business Standard is factual. I am engaged and fully committed to my organisation, but that does not mean I will not be on the look out for greener pastures. Highly motivated employees look for competitive compensation (their horizon is not limited to state or national level it could be international level as one regularly interacts with multinational agencies), the managerial freedom or the lack of it, the scope for creativity or imagination, growth opportunities, challenges ahead, the managerial style of the organisation and would compare their present situation with the better or best practices elsewhere. While they remain loyal and fully committed to the present organisation, yet they always dream of better days elsewhere.
From India, Mumbai
Nagarkar Vinayak L

Dear Colleagues,
The basic premise that the employee engagement programs make employees engaged is questionable.
The employee engagement programs should nevertheless be carried out in the organisation but to expect it will manifest always in better satisfaction, efficiency and lesser attrition and all the time is utopian.
Regards,
Vinayak Nagarkar
HR-Consultant.

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.