No Tags Found!

tanushree

hello everybody,
i am doing my MBA from India. i am in 2nd year. i am interested to do a research followed by a research paper in the subject training and development.
i have thought of "imparting behavioural training and its evaluation" as my topic. i need some inputs on this subject.
does this topic hold enough relavance??
is this topic worth research??
will i able to collect primary and secondary data easily??
can you suggest me some other problems presently faced by the training managers??
waiting for your response.

From India, Shamli
Rajat Joshi

Hi Tanushree,

It's a great topic you have chosen..surely you would learn a lot in the process..

Inputs:-

"Training is the systematic modification of behaviour through learning which occurs as a result of education, instruction, development and planned experience

Level 1 — Reaction — at this level, evaluation measures how those who participated in the training have reacted to it. In a sense, it is a measure of immediate customer satisfaction. The following guidelines suggested by Kirkpatrick (1994) for evaluating reactions are:

• Determine what you want to find out.

• Design a form that will quantify reactions.

• Encourage written comments & suggestions.

• Get 100% immediate response.

• Get honest responses.

• Develop acceptable standards.

• Measure reactions against standards, and take appropriate action.

• Communicate reactions as appropriate.

Level 2 — Evaluating learning — this level obtains information on the extent to which learning objectives have been obtained. It will aim to find how much knowledge was acquired, what skills were developed or improved, and, as appropriate, the extent to which attitudes have changed in the desired direction. So far as possible, the evaluation of learning should involve the use of tests before and after the programme — paper and pencil or performance tests.

Level 3 — Evaluating behaviour — this level evaluates the extent to which behaviour has changed as required when people attending the programme have returned to their jobs. The question to be answered is the extent to which knowledge; skills and attitudes have been transferred from the classroom to the workplace. Ideally, the evaluation should take place before and after the training. Time should be allowed for the change in behaviour to take place. The evaluation needs to assess the extent to which specific learning objectives relating to changes in behaviour and the application of knowledge and skills have been achieved.

Level 4 — Evaluating results — this is the ultimate level of evaluation and provides the basis for assessing the benefits of the training against its costs.

The evaluation has to be based on before and after measures and has to determine the extent to which the fundamental objectives of the training has been achieved in areas such as increasing sales or increasing customer satisfaction. Evaluating results is obviously easier when they can be quantified. However, it is not always easy to prove the contribution to improved results made by training as distinct from other factors and as Kirkpatrick says "Be satisfied with evidence, because proof is usually impossible to get"

Yes the topic is worth a research..

Surely you should get the information & be able to collect both the primary & secondary information..

Problems faced by Training Managers:-

* Constant follow up the process in before & after evaluation.

* Some managers regard it as paper filling exercise!! they haven't realised the importance of change..

* Disregard by the superiors on this issue

* Lack of interest by the participants

Hope this helps..

Have a great day!!

Cheers,

Rajat Joshi

From India, Pune
tanushree

hi rajat,
accept my apologies for replying late.....
1st of all HAPPY NEW YEAR
and thanx for this information.
this will be of good use to form the bases of my study......please guide me in 1 more thing.....
although every industry imparts behaviour (soft skills) training.....what industry will be the best to do this study......
i have thought of FMCG....about a 3-4 of them would be good......do you differ from me in opinion......

From India, Shamli
Rajat Joshi

Hi Tanu,
We wish you a very Happy New Year!!
Apart from FMCG, do consider BPOs who do lay a lot of emphasis on soft skills training...in my suggestion take 3-4 companies from the following industry..
FMCG
BPOs
IT
Manufacturing
This would defintely give you the wider perspectives of the Industries on this aspect.
Good luck..
Cheers,
Rajat

From India, Pune
tanushree

hi rajat, sir, do you suggest me to take up one company in each of these 4 sectors or 3-4 companies in each sector...that means about a 12 of them.....????
From India, Shamli
Rajat Joshi

Hi Tanu,
Please address me as Rajat..as in this forum we all are students & we all learn from each other..which is the preamble of citehr.com!!..
Yes, 12 companies..would help you to understand the broad perspectives for each sectors & one would learn about the different practices..
Cheers,
Rajat

From India, Pune
tanushree

hi rajat,
as you say 12 companies.......will i be able to submit the report at the end of 3 and 1/2 months......is that feasible...?????
And even if i plunge headlong....this means about a 1 week per company (along with my classes)......will i be able to do justice to the study....
:roll:

From India, Shamli
Rajat Joshi

Hi Tanu, Yes, why not?...well it’s upto you as how you want to do that..perhaps you can limit to 2 companies per industry to balance your academics.. Cheers, Rajat
From India, Pune
tanushree

hi martin,
thanks for the links.....ill go through them carefully.....they have loads of material
this gives an idea how to compare companies falling under same industry.....
can you suggest me some of the statistical tools for comparing industries with respect to their evaluation programs, which could be used in my research...??
regards,
tanu :)

From India, Shamli
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.