No Tags Found!

GreatWhite
Dear Seniors & Colleagues,

More then 3 yrs back I joined my present organization as AM-HR & Admin. I was handling total 3 companies initially & 2 persons were reporting to me. Total workforce was around 65+. My reporting manager left after 1 month & my employer didn't hire another manager. Hence, I had to start the HR & Admin Department right from the scratch.But after 3/4 months we were asked to provide HR & Admin support to 8 other companies. Those companies belongs to the close relatives of our Directors(Their line of business is more or less same) & together they were sharing the cost of HR & Admin department (according to our information). Their Reg Off &/or Corp Off are different & we are just providing them day to day HR & Admin support.Now we are taking care of a workforce of around 200+employees.

But, I am not sure whether we should mention it during interview? We don't practice anything illegal at any of the premises. But being a HR I am really confused whatever we are doing is that legal or not? That's why we are not allowed to say anything about that practice to outsider, so we don't disclose that during interview.

Despite our hard work we are not getting the kind of exposure in a bigger organization what we really deserve. Although we are handling a 200+ workforce on day to day basis but still at the time of interview we are bound to say-"our workforce is around 65+".

Now I have all the following questions:-

1. Is that legal or not?

2. If it's legal then can we mention that during our interview session?

3. Should we speak the truth to the interviewer?

I am asking the help on the behalf of my team & seeking prompt advice.

Regards,

GreatWhite

From India, Kolkata
GreatWhite
Dear Sir/Madam,
I really need your prompt support. As I am preparing for an interview on 29 th July. So if you can guide me then it would be really helpful. Please enlighten me.
Warm Regards
GreatWhite

From India, Kolkata
korgaonkar k a

Dear GreatWhite,
Prashant ji has given perfect answer. There is nothing wrong telling that you are dealing with 200+ workforce. It is a fact. You can mention that you are dealing with 200+ workforce inclusive of associate companies.
You take it as great exposure to tackle 200+ workforce. On your joing the company your reporting manager has left. You said, you started from scratch. You are lucky that way. Very few gets this kind of opportunity.
Remember the Bhagwat Geeta and continue with your Karam without Fal. GOD is with you.

From India, Mumbai
Anonymous
Thanks a lot for your reply. But, my question is, during my 29 Th July's interview I told the truth that "We are handling the HR & Admin issues of my parent company plus 10 other companies". Now I can give them the name of all these associate companies(Although They Didn't Ask Me).
But, during background verification if they ask about all these companies to my Directors then they will only mention about parent company but not any other companies.
Hence what am I supposed to do? I really cant expect "Too Much Cooperation" from my Directors. Now anyone please guide me what should be my way of actions?
SEEKING ADVICE,
Warm Regards,
Mahua Biswas

From India, Kolkata
umakanthan53

Dear Biswas,

Though the secret and informal assignment given by your employer to look after the HR matters of other companies additionally gives you a great professional exposure and personal satisfaction, basically you have developed an opinion that it is a shoddy deal by him because of the secrecy enforced by him in this regard. That's why your mind wavers between legality and illegality in respect of the arrangement as well as exposing it to others. First and foremost, there is no illegality in such an arrangement. This is an ubiquitous practice followed by many private employers out of their economic or other interests in the other companies and their faith in the abilities and sincerity of employees like you. Secondly, it can not be construed as immoral or an act of breach of trust if you cite it orally as an additional credential in an interview for a better placement. I think your prospective employer, if he is more tactical and in a dire need of a candidate of your ability and exposure, will conduct his back ground verification in such a manner not exposing you. So, don't worry.

From India, Salem
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.