Bbhardwaj
Dear Members,
Which of the section of Factories Act, 1948 or the Rule of Punjab Factory Rules, 1952 as applicable to the State of Haryana allows us to take maximum 50 hours of OT from the workers in a quarter.
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Bhawna Bhardwaj

From India, New Delhi
manu422in
50 Hours for Qauarter but there are limits w.r.t Daily and Weekly overtime also, kindly take into the consideration of these limits also while planning for Overtime.
From India, Delhi
Bbhardwaj
Dear Member, Welcome to CiteHR. My query is different. This can not be considered to be the right answer. Even though thanks for attempting my query. Regards, Bhawna Bhardwaj
From India, New Delhi
Bbhardwaj
Dear Members, Waiting for reply specially from Haryana CiteHR members. Regards, Bhawna bhardwaj
From India, New Delhi
Bbhardwaj
Dear Members, More than 300 views but no response. Feel free to amend me if my query is not understandable. With Regards, Bhawna Bharwaj
From India, New Delhi
ashe

Hi Bhawna ,
Are u from HCL ????????
Under Sec 64 (iv) of the factories Act, OT hours in any quarter shall not exceed 50.
Under Sec. 65, Chief Inspector of Factories may grant exemption upto 75 hours in any quarter if he is satisfied that the exisgencies and nature of work it require to keep overtime.
Chief Inspector has power to grant upto 75 hours in a quarter and not more than that.

From India, Dehra Dun
suku_mba@ymail.com

As far as FA 1948 concerned 48 hrs but in TN Factories rules said 50 hrs this is v sent a lr to Chief Inspector of Factories to clarification futher v follow national law wat said.................
Reagrds,
Sukumar
Personnal Officer,
Karur (TN)

From India, New Delhi
Bbhardwaj
Dear Member,

I am not from HCL.

Section 64 & 65 both relates to power to make exempting rules & power to make exempting orders respectively. According to my view we are not in a position to take work on OT from the workers in accordance with section 64. Section 64(4) of this Act has set out certain limitations while making rules for taking OT from workers. The appropriate State Governments while making the rules are required to keep in mind these limitations. Thus the State Govt. is not in a position to make rule beyond these limitations. Of course the State Govt./ CIF under section 65 keeping in view certain conditions can grant exemption for OT up to 75 hours in a quarter. Resulting thereby, if there are no rules for taking overtime then how we can take OT from the workers without due permission from the CIF/ State Govt.?

Now my question which I feel remain unanswered is that whether Punjab Factory Rules, 1950 as applicable to State of Haryana allows us to take OT without due permission from CIF Haryana/ State Govt. & if there happens to be any rule regarding taking of OT upto 50 hours in a quarter then let me know the rule relating to Haryana.

Thanks for response.

With Regards,

Bhawna Bhardwaj

From India, New Delhi
babanaresh

Dear member,
No permission required from CIF in Haryana for OT upto 50 hrs. in a quarter, only to make payment at double rate and ESI deduction for the employees coverned under it, however need to take permission for OT on holiday atleast one day advance.
Regards,

From India, Delhi
karnarun

Hi,
We are discussion on OT for workers, but who is worker under factory act and ID act, if we will not pay OT to any supervisory staff, management staff, and the person who is fall under staff category ( know that staff is not refelect in any Act) , then how the mater will resolve. Eligibility for Whom ?, under which Act, if plant is not ready to pay OT to any supervisor staff (as per ID act), then can he/she eligible for IT under Factory Act.
Kindly comments valuable advise to get clear picture.
Regards
Arun Kumar

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.