No Tags Found!

Srinivasan.S
Hi folks
I came across about some background checks (BC) of the resigned employees. I have some queries on this. can anybody help to clarify them....
1. Mostly it is done over phone. What is the credibility for the info received thro phone?
2. If it is received thro e-mail, is there any authorisation is given to HR persons in organisations?
3. The BC agencies are not revealing the name of the company for which there are doing this. Then why should the HR dept to confirm one's data?
4. Or these check are for namesake and to create any records for some certifications?
5. If the HR dept starts confirming the data of all the employees who have resigned, will there be any time available for core activities...
Thanks
Srinivasan

From Singapore, Singapore
jkumarjk

Srinivasan

First of all the Background verification is done by third party agencies on a regular basis for their clients. There are some good verification agencies, where in i have personally experienced that the feedback given by me had an effect on the prospect of absconded employee

As such, in my team i have allocated one person the duty of attending the Background verification requests so that the Head need not spend time on that. Provided the person who is doing the verification from our team so interact with us before sending any reply

The third party agencies some time reveal the name of the companies for which they are doing the verification and some times not. That is their confidentiality agreement with their claims

To reiterate, some times it is that we would be helping the alumni of our company to join a new organization at the earliest by giving timely feedback

Note: Sometimes, it also happened that we received information about some people in our organization who have taken the offer from some organization and did not resign our company. Helped in talking to them and arrest the attrition

Kumar

From India, Hyderabad
Srinivasan.S
Kumar Thanks a lot. However, the third party is very much interested in closing the chapter at least by phone. Will it give the credibility of the info... Thanks Srinivasan
From Singapore, Singapore
imranlightwalla

Dear Srinivasan,

I represent the so called thrid party vendor. We have been conducting checks since the past 15 years and have established a decent name for ourselves in the marketplace.

There are two kinds of services: Previous Employer Background Checks - Verbal and Previous Employer Background Checks - Written. Both these checks are made with 2 references as referred to by the propective employee and in addition to that one reference is conducted with someone from the HR (the reason why I mention that someone is that not all HR persons are allowed to reveal information). If it is to be done by way written communication then we as agencies send a letter across to the company and the HR person within that company seeking infromation. The HR person is obliged to provide us with the information. If it is oral ie: by telephone then we get all the relevant information via telehphone and supply it to the hiring company.

Creditibilty lies with the agency that is conducting such a survey. I am sure that companies are smart enough to guage the genuiness and market standing of the vendor.

Also the means of CLOSING CHAPTER lies solely with the hiring company. It up to you to decide what kind of surveys (whether written or oral) do you want to conduct and the kind of spending capacity you have.

i hope the above helps!

Regards.,....

From India, Mumbai
Yandamuri Ramesh

Dear Kumar
Back ground Checks On Incoming New commers are very much necesary
due which helps lot for HR later stages on many ways
Depending on Outside agencies its a bit costly affair and not all the firms will afford to do
Second option on tele collection/ verification of background have its marks
(+) and (-) however this data can better utilised at tabeled interviews. Interviewer Best assessment only be possible by tactical approach .
Whatsover its depends on patience/ sincearity of conduct.
Regards
Yandamuri

From India, Visakhapatnam
rajsawster

Friends,

I am surprised to see presence of third party agencies for just one simple function and HR department describe as outsource.
The question arises: Is it so difficult or HR personnels are incompetant to conduct such exercise or afraid.

Antecedent varification requirements are predominantly due to the following:

Family Background and Charactor of candidate: Doubtful Integrity
Varification of Educational Qualifications:-Fake Certifications/University
Past Employer:Level of Work Exposure,Performance & Discipline.
Court Case: Thefts, Frauds,Criminal Offence

Nothing above discussed in any of the reply what background third party vendor execute only god knows. In my experience there is no need to third party varification it can be done through HR department by simple varification through sources available. Nothing harms even if directly contacted with the previous employer because in 80% cases verbal acknowledgements are replied positively by the past employers and most of cases they appreciate if someone enquires about their ex-employee.

It appears either this new geenration HR personnel is makes things complicated or they are ignorent of their role.

Regards

Sawant

From Saudi Arabia
Vidyas

Dear All, Can I know what sort of family background, character...information one needs about the candidate.... Vidya
From India, Mumbai
ilyaskazi
Here I totally agree with Sawant. HR personnel and BC agencies are just making things complicated.:icon7: One can do it personally very well..

ramesh jayakumar

hai srinivasan
We introduce ourselves as M/s SKILLS VERIFACTS. Background verification agency (Registered under Indian partnership act).
We provide employee background verification services to companies the following are the list of verifications conducted by our team,
· Education verification
· Criminal Verification (police)
. Criminal verification ( Court )
· Address verification
· Family Background verification
. Reference verification.
We are glad to inform you that we provide these services at very interesting packages and at competitive rates. We are also ready to provide sample verification of one or two candidates to prove our efficiency as well as quality of work of our team. We assure you of our best services at all times. Please refer to our work profile in ppt file attached to this mail. For details regarding packages please contact us through return mail.

From India, Bangalore
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: pdf Skills verifacts profile.pdf (1.24 MB, 40 views)

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.